Is time for BIG G to PICK

Gazza272

Celticdruid said:
Havent been involved in this debate, or mainy more over last few weeks. However been monitoring regular. No longer seems like things are debated or opinions respected. E.D.S. Think thats who you were.......very well said, re Finny. And please Dont take this as personal shot at anyone in particular. Save your stats for helping things, not putting other users down all the time. Let people make references no matter if they have a tomato season in the game, people are still allowed there opinion. I LOVE this site but some people are slowly forming a click and making other members feel nervous about expressing or voicing there views. If we want the forum to stay as active as ever then Dont push around and form a click against others. Personally dia vader.....think thats your name, you seem to get a lot of noncence off the same people whenever you post, whilst not everyone will agree with what you are posting, stick in there and air your views. Sorry not hockey related this but had to get it off my chest. Forum related if that helps;);)

What i'ed say though Celtic Druid is that when its been made perfectly clear that G simply cannot go back on the bench due to finance, its a bit of a moot point suggesting he should isnt it?

No one should ever feel nervous about expressing an opinion, why would they? seems a bit strange to me, people can say what the hell they like to me on here if they so wish, i got thick skin and will stan by what i beleive in.

I'ed be interested to see but last year i wouldnt be suprised if Adams had a better record when he started playing as to when he was simply a bench coach, the team certainly played better for me when G was playing. Yes he probably is our worst import, but then again he's probably better than most other teams worst import. we could do a lot lot worse

I agree with what you said re adams, frankly I think he really really cares about the team. He will no doubt turn things around. My comments were not to do with the debate. Was commenting on some of the silly replies people post to other persons opinions.

ledgend777 said:
Or isn't the answer to get rid of G completely and get a new import / player coach? I'm not saying there's a load to instantly choose from and at a salary we can afford, but surely there must be someone who is not only a better coach, but better player as well. I don't like to point these things out, but I'd definitely put G at the bottom in order of how good our imports are.
I'm not doubting there must be numerous player coaches better than G but wherever they are they are probably earning more and if they arent then you have to wonder why? or why they are currently available if they are so good?

Finny

Celticdruid said:
I agree with what you said re adams, frankly I think he really really cares about the team. He will no doubt turn things around. My comments were not to do with the debate. Was commenting on some of the silly replies people post to other persons opinions.
I'm guessing "some of the silly replies" is aimed at me.
How can they be silly replies when people are suggesting something that isn't possible. If I suggested we play 6 players plus a netminder I would expect someone to pick me up on it.

The decision for whether Adams stays on the ice or not is not his to make. The only way this will change is if the club get enough additional income to allow the finances for a separate coach.

Celticdruid said:
Dude this is a forum where people post their opinions so why would some people back down from their stance in a debate just so other people who dont have the convinction in their opinions don't feel nervous about whatever they think is right.
I'm not someone who believes that an opinion can't be wrong, of course it can be disproved with facts and as finny has shown using statistics.
Should the devils be playing better (yes probably with the standard of players we have).
Looking just at yesterdays results every home team won. Belfast lost 7-1 and nottingham lost 5-1 in edinburgh so that shows just how much home ice advantage gives a team.
I hate kneejerk reactions we've been going well generally and grinding out results even when we havent played all that great I also noticed that we have more OT wins than any other team which is good as the last time we had smith and birbraer everyone complained about how bad our penalty shots were!

Wannabe2

Belfast top team agree, beaten 7-1 away, we havent been quite that poor yet, and Panthers still a top team agree, beaten 5-1 by a team with 7 imports away, Blaze top of the league agree, conceed 8 goals away to team with 7 imports, and leak 6 and a whupping to us away. Its true they are not as bad as us away, but they are a long way from perfection also. We need a good away win on Wed, get the monkey off our backs, and get the mentality back on track. We are a very good squad when we are all totally committed, probably as good as anyone on our day. Our strength is when we come out banging, and hitting from the beginning, throwing other teams off there stride, and showing team toughness and togetherness, thats what blew the Giants and the Blaze away at ours, its a proven winning formula for our team, and gets the fans into it from the get go. Are we consistent far from it, will we win the league probably not, are we as good as anyone, when we play the way we can then defo, very frustrating times for coach, owners, and fans at the moment. But we need to stick together, as we have done many times before.

BLOCK 3 DEVIL said:
Dai Vader said:
iv'e said this all along.
When are people going to realise we cant afford a coach ! A player coach is our only option unless you want to play an import short every game.
At the adults Christmas party G was actually asked the question, Would he prefer to be coach on the bench or be a player coach, and he actually said he would much prefer to be on the bench, but it wasn't possible at this time !!!

Wannabe2. Very well said, all should stick together. Devils have come through much much tougher times, we are lucky to even have a top flight team. However it is frustrating when you go into the rink and look up at the flags near the retired jerseys which show our previous success. Used to love that era;) doubt the other teams did however. Lol. We WILL be back up there, and I strongly believe that if we had an upstairs bar, simular type rink as the old one we would be right up there. We used to mingle well with the team and they knew the passion of the supporters who would regularly enjoy the odd bevie with them. That rink rocked. Lol. And finny, no nothing personal at you buddy, honestly. I probably took it out of context that you were constantly on someones case. If so apologies. Just like the rest of us I am getting hugely frustrated. Anyone have johnny Lawless's number, and hey I think fluery is still up for grabbs, what about probert or anglested. Think they have mobile phones. Lol. Ill pay......for the call;)