Interview with big Patrick

JC23

Johnnybravo1927 said:
JC23 said:
From what I'm told, there have been a few choice words thrown our way by Mr Hendrikx, via text to Coach Lord.

Bad blood indeed if what I've heard is true.

Lordo may well take the fight if offered, and I can personally see him winning against Hendo, again, like he did in North America.

Have to disagree here. Hendo has the heart of a lion and stood up to everyone when necessary. He had several bouts with Jannsen who was a genuine tough guy. Lord wont fight, he is coach and a vital player. He doesnt need to spend 5 minutes in the box so braehead can lose a slow defender who is going to struggle anyway with the pace of our players on big ice. Hendo will go down as 1 of my all time favourite players but we have improved on him and I hope he gets the round of applause he deserves from our fans for his efforts in the shirt
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Hendo, I wished him well when he was announced in Braehead and during his time here we had many a good chat over a beer after games and at fan events.

I just think Lord is underrated, and just as tough as Hendo when it comes to that stuff, possibly with even more heart. Although, as you rightly say, he's far more valuable, and due to that maybe won't take the fight. The reason I suggested he might, is because of the POSSIBLE fact he'd be pissed off at the things Hendo has said (reportedly...I'm not saying anything that I've heard is gospel truth, hence why I haven't posted any quotes).

I'll be applauding Hendo on Sunday, no matter what, but once that pick hits the ice...he's the enemy once again.

Johnnybravo1927

JC23 said:
Johnnybravo1927 said:
JC23 said:
From what I'm told, there have been a few choice words thrown our way by Mr Hendrikx, via text to Coach Lord.

Bad blood indeed if what I've heard is true.

Lordo may well take the fight if offered, and I can personally see him winning against Hendo, again, like he did in North America.

Have to disagree here. Hendo has the heart of a lion and stood up to everyone when necessary. He had several bouts with Jannsen who was a genuine tough guy. Lord wont fight, he is coach and a vital player. He doesnt need to spend 5 minutes in the box so braehead can lose a slow defender who is going to struggle anyway with the pace of our players on big ice. Hendo will go down as 1 of my all time favourite players but we have improved on him and I hope he gets the round of applause he deserves from our fans for his efforts in the shirt
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Hendo, I wished him well when he was announced in Braehead and during his time here we had many a good chat over a beer after games and at fan events.

I just think Lord is underrated, and just as tough as Hendo when it comes to that stuff, possibly with even more heart. Although, as you rightly say, he's far more valuable, and due to that maybe won't take the fight. The reason I suggested he might, is because of the POSSIBLE fact he'd be pissed off at the things Hendo has said (reportedly...I'm not saying anything that I've heard is gospel truth, hence why I haven't posted any quotes).

I'll be applauding Hendo on Sunday, no matter what, but once that pick hits the ice...he's the enemy once again.
Fair point :D

Difficult one for Hendo here. He loved his time in Cardiff and he was loved in return. He seems annoyed that he ain't here anymore and seems annoyed with the Coach and Management that he wasn't retained.

Now, he is in Braehead and has a new fanbase who will probably think as highly of his game play as we did.

If he fights Lord on Sunday due to the way he was treated, what is he saying to he new fanbase? "I'm annoyed because I play for you now", ""I'm fighting this guy because I want to be playing for the other team".

He will need to play it carefully if he is intent on dropping the gloves or fear annoying a few Braehead fans.

osh

Many assumptions and guesswork comments regarding Hendrikx, so here's another one. What if Lord left it very late to make a decision on whether to sign him again or not, meaning Hendrikx could have been waiting and hoping for a return. Once he was told he wouldn't be needed this season he then had to go cap in hand to other EIHL teams for a spot ? Maybe that's why he appears to hold a bit of a grudge ( if at all)
Anyway, back on topic, I liked the way Bordeleau handled the interview and it is obvious he will step up when needed and is content to play a role that Lord is asking of him. I'm hoping he will make as big an impact as previous fan favourites such as big Mike Mac, Ware and Voth and if he does, we can expect him to be with us for a good few seasons.

JC23

osh said:
Many assumptions and guesswork comments regarding Hendrikx, so here's another one. What if Lord left it very late to make a decision on whether to sign him again or not, meaning Hendrikx could have been waiting and hoping for a return. Once he was told he wouldn't be needed this season he then had to go cap in hand to other EIHL teams for a spot ? Maybe that's why he appears to hold a bit of a grudge ( if at all)
This sounds a lot like what I've heard, again, not saying it's true, but what I heard is that there was a gentlemans agreement saying he would be back, his girlfriend found a job here etc, and then all plans changed last minute.

Just a rumour I heard, though it would go a long way to explaining the bad blood.

SteveKing

Todd and Lordo have an unblemished reputation around the hockey community for the way they treat players and their honesty. Their communication with Trevor was very clear.

Hurt feelings are nothing new in sports or in life. Just makes for one hell of a game on Sunday!

Ger-Devils

JC23 said:
osh said:
This sounds a lot like what I've heard, again, not saying it's true, but what I heard is that there was a gentlemans agreement saying he would be back, his girlfriend found a job here etc, and then all plans changed last minute.

Just a rumour I heard, though it would go a long way to explaining the bad blood.
She's from here so wouldn't make it hard work to find a job?

voth26

JC23 said:
osh said:

thats the problem with chinese whispers

Ocko

But he signed for Braehead on July 14th. That is two months before teams meet for preseason in the US/Canada and 6 weeks before the UK. Add in a few weeks of negotiations with the Clan and you're looking at even longer. Beginning of July at the latest is hardly very late in terms of the off season.

Samael

Bordy came across really well in the interview, grounded but also ambitious. I bet he's a real laugh to play and train with but a nightmare to face. A true professional.

Electro

The 2 Manchester players he hit last night as reported on MNL l would imagine have a similar opinion.

I hope he can repeat it tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk