Intervention!

TheStub

To be honest, if the Panthers haven't realised this yet (like the rest of us have) then they are screwed.

They need Strachan in charge (anyone not Corey) and Corey to play. Too many egos though... if Corey isn't coach I can see him walking.

I can see it being too late for them already.

wildthing74

Another excellent piece by a quality journalist.Always like what he writes.
As being said its been obvious for many years Corey as player/coach is holding them back.He to be fair is a decent point scorer from the blueline but no way is he a good coach.
I've said it many times a team with a good off ice coach is a stronger team IMO.Only neede to see what Thommo and Maty have achieved in the last few years.
The longer Panthers go the route their going,the better for the rest of us.

Gaz G

Another great article by Neil. Starting to really enjoy reading his stuff.

I think the title has gone for nottingham this year and agree that if corey was told he was simply to play and no longer coach he'd either walk away or lose interest.

ASHIPP

The dynamics of the relationship between Stachan and Neilson must be interesting! :eek: Whatever playing systems/tactics they prefer, as people Stachs is a very hyped-up and commited person, Neilson appears a very intense and insecure guy. We saw his apparent reluctance to trust his players to do the job last season too. How much ice time did he clock up in the Belfast match last Friday? Instead of allowing his players to share shifts and take responsibility for what they are paid to do (and afterall, he's got roster full of experienced players), Neilson seemed determined to be pivotal in the all the action. Can't see how any of that can motivate the team. Even Paul Thompson intimated at one point in the commentary that too much ice time for one player(refering to CN) is not good for the team, let alone the individual.

Interesting that approx 70% of fans voting on the Cage want him to go if not now, then at the end of the season.

We've wanted him out for ages, it's just the blind higher Archy that don't see/want to see that he is a large part of the problem.