If this was his last year?

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #1
If this was to be voths last season with the devils then what a perfect way to end it by winning the league-playoffs and possibly the cc cup?

We all know voths future is up in the air during every off season.
Rumours are always that he might want to retire or he might want to play back home near his family.

Personally i hope he stays again i love him,

But i couldnt predict a better ending to a great man who some may call the lord mayor of wales's career??

ASHIPP

The Vother is having a great season. G has intimated that he would love as many of the existing squad as possible back for next season. Wouldn't be suprised if Vother was amongst them......he belongs nowhere else (and let's hope Jacquie agrees!). :D

Wannabe2

Would love to see him stay myself, the man bleeds red, and has turned down just about every other team in the league to stay in Gods Country. He is having a very good season, and who knows, it would be a shame to see a team without the Lord Mayor.

kettdevil1

Wannabe2 said:
Would love to see him stay myself, the man bleeds red, and has turned down just about every other team in the league to stay in Gods Country. He is having a very good season, and who knows, it would be a shame to see a team without the Lord Mayor.
I hope he bleeds red otherwise there might be a problem... :lol:

Strange how things turn around, a few months ago there were numerous posts suggesting that he had lost the plot.... good to see how well is playing at the moment, long may it continue.

voth26

Have to say our bradley is playing pretty dam well this season scoring, looking after on ice matters, and looks to be enjoying his hockey. I think brad is playing like he did a season or so ago long may he continue as a devil it's where he belongs (please mrs voth can you both stay for a while longer :roll: )

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #8
Not once have i said brads playing bad,
I just think winning the league would be a perfect send off if he was to retire,

E.D.S.

CardiffdevilsCaswell said:
Yeah this forum has changed its tune now that vother has got back on excellent form. HAVE SOME FAITH PEOPLE!

Long may he stay here!
You could see that email coming a mile off! Pretty certaint the entire forum didn't want Voth to go/be sacked/benched or whatever and even if they did they are entitled to change their mind.
Voth's had a blinder this year. Even earlier in the year when there were some doubters, he always played an important role in my opinion.

Gaz G

Personally think this will be his last year. I love the bloke to be fair and will be gutted when he does eventually leave. I remember the last home game of last year when he seemed to be saying goodbye to the fans as he left the ice.

I would love him to stay and be part of future devils success but if he were to leave after this season I dont think anyone could begrudge what he single handedly has done for the Devils.

Again, if he were to leave as a league, cc and playoff winner what a perfect way for it to end.

That said, would he be able to resist a shot at the continental cup???

DevilDom

I agree that Voth has been fantastic over the past month or two - doing his job as a power forward and enforcer very well, however to say he has had a fantastic year is IMO a little off the mark. Lets remember he started slowly then missed 10 games through injury and then was quiet for a fair few games after he came back and got back up to speed.

However, I think he is an intergal part of the team, allows the other guys to play their game and is a big cog in the Devils wheel. I'm a big fan and would love him to stay, but I agree with Gaz and believe this will be his last year, but what a year it could turn out to be! It would be a fitting end to his Devils career and would be just reward for a guy who in recent years has carried the Devils almost singlehandedly on his back.

voth26

CardiffdevilsCaswell said:
Yeah this forum has changed its tune now that vother has got back on excellent form. HAVE SOME FAITH PEOPLE!

Long may he stay here!
I have never said a bad word about brad take a look at my user name bit of a clue :roll: :roll: :lol:

Chris

Administrator
I have never said a bad word about brad take a look at my user name bit of a clue :roll: :roll: :lol:
I somewhat doubt they were talking you specifically, more the forum in general, at the end of last season, in the off season and I guess to an extent the start of the season, there have been posts questioning his role within the team.

What James said once again, Voth was utter bobbins in Coventry, more or less everyone who was there was saying the same thing it seemed as well.

He's playing far better at the moment though so the posts have changed, if he keeps up playing this way, it's all good. If he stops i'll expect all the posts to come back.

Chris.

ASHIPP

DevilDom said:
I agree that Voth has been fantastic over the past month or two - doing his job as a power forward and enforcer very well, however to say he has had a fantastic year is IMO a little off the mark. Lets remember he started slowly then missed 10 games through injury and then was quiet for a fair few games after he came back and got back up to speed.

However, I think he is an intergal part of the team, allows the other guys to play their game and is a big cog in the Devils wheel. I'm a big fan and would love him to stay, but I agree with Gaz and believe this will be his last year, but what a year it could turn out to be! It would be a fitting end to his Devils career and would be just reward for a guy who in recent years has carried the Devils almost singlehandedly on his back.
The Vother has been playing his best hockey for a long time - and all since recovering from his injury.
His role on the team has changed this year and he looks like he's relishing it. Without having to shoulder the captaincy and all the enforcing duties, he has the freedom to really play. :D Team spirit and confidence must also be big motivators.

voth26

Chris said:
I somewhat doubt they were talking you specifically, more the forum in general, at the end of last season, in the off season and I guess to an extent the start of the season, there have been posts questioning his role within the team.

What James said once again, Voth was utter bobbins in Coventry, more or less everyone who was there was saying the same thing it seemed as well.

He's playing far better at the moment though so the posts have changed, if he keeps up playing this way, it's all good. If he stops i'll expect all the posts to come back.

Chris.
i'm aware of that chris it was a bit tongue in cheek mate, just a bit of humour that seems have been passed over