Ice hockey betting

Thread starter #1
Just thought i'd point out what appears to a pretty good price on the Devils game against Steelers on Saturday...

i know Sheffield are playing at home but how can Bwin offer odds of 1.45 for Sheffield and 4.50 for Cardiff to win in regulation time... I'm not a big betting person but ive definately put some money on Devils at that price.

Or do they know something i dont?

I think the betting odds come down to recent performances. Devils have had a very good run of wins, whereas Sheffield have had a succession of loses, so they have tipped devils for the better odds.

Thread starter #3
RichardR said:
I think the betting odds come down to recent performances. Devils have had a very good run of wins, whereas Sheffield have had a succession of loses, so they have tipped devils for the better odds.
This is my point. You're getting a really good odds on Cardiff to win the game in regulation time.

£4.50 return on every £1 you bet if Devils win in rgeulation time compared to
£1.45 return on every £1 you bet if Squeelers win in regulation.

I know they tend to favour the home team for obvious reasons but the odds just seem way off given the recent results as you've pointed out.

The bookies do get it wrong, particularly on a sport like ice hockey. I remember I made a few quid when Cardiff were playing Belfast at home when you had Myers in goal and yet you were still favourites to win :lol: Thanks to bet365 for the easy money.

Also occasionally bet against the Blaze when they are big favourites at home but you know they are playing crap and are probably going to struggle to break down the opposition. More mixed on that one but had a few long winners :?

I regret not putting a bet on the Devils in their first season at the top league 100-1 and they went on to win all 3 titles that year - I know a few who did though.

Finny

Hockey Mum said:
I regret not putting a bet on the Devils in their first season at the top league 100-1 and they went on to win all 3 titles that year - I know a few who did though.
It was 100-1 for the league and playoffs.
If you had put it on them to win all 3 titles you would have lost your money. ;)

Really suprised on how many different bets you can do with paddy power, correct score, accumulators, period winners scorelines , 3 way bets etc

RTfarty

Can someone talk me through betting online?

Do you just register yourself using a debit card, and then the money goes directly to your account when/if you win your bet? Or is it a lot more complicated than that? :D

Finny

With most online betting companies:

-You setup your card with a debit card (Don't use a credit card as it is classed as a cash withdrawl).
- You then have to make a minimum deposit from you debit card to your betting account. You can then use the money in your betting account to make bets.
-Any wins you make are added to your betting account. If you want you can then move some of your betting account back to your debit card.

Thread starter #13
Just dragging up an old topic. I've enjoyed making a little bit on the sides betting on just the elite league but it appears that Bwin have now stopped offering odds on the Elite league.

Any ideas which other sites are around to offer betting odds? I know Betfair off a range of odd for the league but theres very little money on the exchange over there so almost always rubbish odds.

Anyone place bets elsewhere?

I tried to put a bet on a couple of years ago for the Devils to win the playoffs, even went into a betting shop to do it! :eek: No luck though.

I've just had a look online and can't find any bets offered on any UK hockey. I only do the lottery but a bit of a flutter on our boys would have been nice.

"i know Sheffield are playing at home but how can Bwin offer odds of 1.45 for Sheffield and 4.50 for Cardiff to win in regulation time... I'm not a big betting person but ive definately put some money on Devils at that price."

Just be warned those arn't odds there prices. Prices are in decimal so for every pound you put on sheffield you actually win 45p. You'd still get your pound back you put on though so the the total would be £1.45 - 45p profit. And as for cardiff 4.50 decimal = 3.50 profit. If we were talking odds 1.45 would be 9/20 and cardiff 7/2. Some people see the decimal at 4.50 for cardiff expect that and expect the pound they put on back which would be 5.50 for the win when really decimal prices are what you get nothin else!

Chris

Administrator
Paddy Power used to take bets on the EIHL online, but I believe they only do the NHL these days.
No they still do EIHL, I only signed up the other day and then proceeded to lose money on the Blaze, I knew I should have put money on the Vipers as well :cry:

Chris.

Thread starter #20
Awesome, i'll have alook at both bet365 and Paddy Power to see if theres anything offered there.
Thanks for the Heads up on the 'odds'/'prices'. I was aware of the difference although guess others may not have been. Guess my terminology wasn't quite correct :) I always find the prices a lot easier to read than odds.

I actually play poker for a living so like to think i have the ability to make good 'betting' decisions but never really do any sort of gambling other than the odd bet on the Elite League. Vowed to turn my £50 investment at the start of the season into enough to cover next years season ticket. Could be going better seeing as we only have 3 months left but i'm in profit so far but obv need a site to bet on to keep working towards my target :)

Cheers for the advice!