IAW needs more seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wannabe2

Folks we have what we have, and that's it. Even our own owners acknowledge that. As for Planet Ice building a 6,000 seater Arena, I nearly wet myself with laughter, and even if you did believe in fairies, there would have been no where for public skating, sledge hockey, junior hockey etc. Also Devils would have had to pay anything from 10/12 k per game, that's if other events weren't taking priority over them. If they would have been granted that build, myself and other Sorac members would be pushing up daisies before we seen it happen.

Electro

Planet Ice wasn't the only party interest. SORAC was only given the information others wanted it to have.

Labour run councils are notoriously fickle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Electro

That can of worms I'm not going to open, sorry, kills my credibility, but naming people who frankly Mark has no idea exists isn't going to improve my credibility and is not going to gain anything other than upsetting people more important to me than Mark.

Finny

Fickle council. Take your pick on any reason Mark.
I was asking you.
I guess we're destined to go around in circles again where you criticise everyone for not building the 6000 arena you wanted but the ice using public of South Wales didn't.

pjj365

How come this has got to 3 pages

It has been done to death at least once before

We are where we are and no number of historic conspiracy theories nor the contributions of amature architects/builders nor crystal ball gazing nor wishful thinking will change anything

We are fortunate to have what we have. Let's let this rest and enjoy

Electro

Since we are only in the first season, tickets are becoming an issue, along with the other list of issues, of which you have also highlighted, some may not choose the term fortunate.

Finny

Why was our current situation the only one that could build 2 pads[emoji849]
In all seriousness Electro, you really should review your posts before hitting Post Reply. I'm still not sure what you're trying to say in this post and I've re-read it several times.

E.D.S.

Since we are only in the first season, tickets are becoming an issue, along with the other list of issues, of which you have also highlighted, some may not choose the term fortunate.

Playing in a crappy big blue tent, close to going out of business, average team, few sell outs Versus new building, two pads, stability, team at the top of the table and a rink that sells out. I'll sit in the "fortunate" camp thank you Electro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electro

In all seriousness Electro, you really should review your posts before hitting Post Reply. I'm still not sure what you're trying to say in this post and I've re-read it several times.
I quoted SORAC comments, they contained Planet Ice plans for a 6000 seat arena, l posted others had an interest, how did you come to a conclusion that those others or me wanted a 6000 seat single pad arena.

All of the press-releases concerning the proposed planet ice rink (from 2011) state that it was going to be 2,500 seats.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11121857
http://yourcardiff.mediawales-1.tit.../31/new-images-of-cardiff-ice-arena-released/
http://www.designcurial.com/news/cardiff-ice-arena-design-unveiled-in-uk

When these press releases came out, I and a significant portion of the hockey playing and watching community in South Wales were raging. One pad was not suitable, planet ice weren't suitable and 2,500 capacity meant that it was the same capacity as the shed which we were finally leaving.

IAW may have some flaws/teething issues, but compared to what was proposed (and initially agreed to be the council) by Planet Ice (AND the previous garden shed with some blue plastic round it) it is a fabulous facility.

I understand that you have 'issues' with IAW, the construction of IAW may or may not have wronged you in some way but your permanent downer on all things IAW is extremely tiring.

Lets have some perspective people, there is double the available ice time available compared to any other point in Cardiff's history AND when we go to watch hockey you can see the players, the goals, the puck and the screens....all at the same time.

Happiness is puck shaped, Enjoy it!!

Finny

I quoted SORAC comments, they contained Planet Ice plans for a 6000 seat arena, l posted others had an interest, how did you come to a conclusion that those others or me wanted a 6000 seat single pad arena.
Because you previously said you wanted a single-pad arena circa 6000 seats.
If you've now changed your mind and realised that was never achievable then great.

Ocko

Would love to know who these other interested parties Chilee/Electro keeps banging on about and their proposals and how they were going to finance it. Rather than dropping hints, the I know something you don't and snide remarks about everything the club does.

And before you say

kills my credibility
You probably have the least on this forum, so trust me, your credibility will remain in tact.

Electro

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's my favourite subject.

Why ?

That's simple, the city deserved and could have had a better facility.

Yes, l agree that the IAW is far superior to the BBT, which you must remember was promoted as a temporary home, but let's be frank, it was poorly run by the same person who ran the IAW poorly. As mentioned in the SORAC quote, poor management was one issue with Planet Ice. Have to say picking Greenbank over a company who runs Ice Rinks, even as badly as Planet Ice is genius, running U.K. Ice rinks profitably is extremely extremely difficult for companies with experience.

As for who these parties are, ok it was MGS Europe, any wiser, no thought not, google search them if you want, wouldn't bother made them up, but you get the point, unless you where actually going to send an Email asking for info.

Did l say l wanted a 6000 seat single pad, can't remember. I haven't stated any actual details though. That l can say.

Beachbum4034 what I'm hinting at had more than our current capacity. I don't have any issues with the construction, the design, absolutely, the designed plans of the IAW where horrendous, how anybody signed off on those, frankly is an idiot. Wrong me, no, not at all. I'm sorry my permanent downer on all things IAW is causing you an others issue. I must remind you though, l contribute to threads started by others, but l guess I'm easy pray for the few who stork me.

Happiness is indeed puck shaped, let's hope everybody who enjoys it gets tickets.

Last edited:

Gazza272

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's my favourite subject.

Why ?

That's simple, the city deserved and could have had a better facility.

Yes, l agree that the IAW is far superior to the BBT, which you must remember was promoted as a temporary home, but let's be frank, it was poorly run by the same person who ran the IAW poorly. As mentioned in the SORAC quote, poor management was one issue with Planet Ice. Have to say picking Greenbank over a company who runs Ice Rinks, even as badly as Planet Ice is genius, running U.K. Ice rinks profitably is extremely extremely difficult for companies with experience.

As for who these parties are, ok it was MGS Europe, any wiser, no thought not, google search them if you want, wouldn't bother made them up, but you get the point, unless you where actually going to send an Email asking for info.

Did l say l wanted a 6000 seat single pad, can't remember. I haven't stated any actual details though. That l can say.

Beachbum4034 what I'm hinting at had more than our current capacity. I don't have any issues with the construction, the design, absolutely, the designed plans of the IAW where horrendous, how anybody signed off on those, frankly is an idiot. Wrong me, no, not at all. I'm sorry my permanent downer on all things IAW is causing you an others issue. I must remind you though, l contribute to threads started by others, but l guess I'm easy pray for the few who stork me.

Happiness is indeed puck shaped, let's hope everybody who enjoys it gets tickets.

26 Nov 2013 Final Gazette dissolved via compulsory strike-off

That's the last entry into MGS Europe on company house

Details here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08031011/filing-history

I fail to see how we would have done better with a company who dissolved 3 years before the IAW was built? what am i missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.