How Many Points Do We Need To Win The Elite League?

Rich Best

Thread starter #1
Am I right in thinking that we have 6 games left and if we get 10 points (72 total) we are guaranteed to win the elite league? However, the way this league is going I think 70 points would likely do it and it could even be as low as 68 / 69 points. I certainly can't see any team winning all their remaining games and if they do they deserve the title!

Any other thoughts / predictions?

{ps apologies if I have my maths wrong here, feel free to correct me!}

Kal

assuming we all win all our games (impossible as we play each other) 72 is the magic number where the Steelers can no longer win the league, 71 eliminates Belfast and 70 eliminates Nottingham.

If we were to win all our remaining games we'd have 74 points, Belfast would only be able to get 65 and Nottingham 66.

Finny

5 regulation wins from our remaining 6 games would definitely win us the title. The other variations are too complicated to get into yet.

youngbob

Prediction based on points per game, extrapolated to 52 games

1 CARDIFF DEVILS______________70
2 SHEFFIELD STEELERS__________69
3 BELFAST GIANTS______________66
4 NOTTINGHAM PANTHERS________65
5 BRAEHEAD CLAN______________62
6 FIFE FLYERS_________________60
7 DUNDEE STARS_______________53
8 COVENTRY BLAZE______________50
9 MANCHESTER STORM___________49
10 EDINBURGH CAPITALS_________28

Exciting end to the season!

Rich Best

Thread starter #6
Earnie said:
Very difficult to answer that question. Depends on what results other teams other teams have.
Yes I know that I just wanted to hear people's predictions / opinions. Am not gonna hold you to it! This league has been so tight there has to be some twists and turns. The steelers are usually so good down the stretch but they just don't seem to have the same metal this year. We have had a slump but I think the guys are gonna pull it together. Giants and Panthers have a great opportunity to upset things! Whatever happens it certainly beats having one or two teams dominating!

DevilDom

More than everyone else? Or at least the same and more regulation wins! :lol:

Seriously though, I think 4 from 6 will be enough but the way things are going we may get away with 3 from 6 and and OT or PS loss giving us 7 points.

One thing for sure is that it's more than likely to go to the last weekend and possibly the last game, which is a credit to the league and shows there are very few givens this year. Fantastic if you are a neutral, absolutely nerve wracking if you are one of the teams still fighting for a top or a play-off place!