Hotham Back!

Chris

Administrator
Ok so I feel slightly better about the team now :)

Not so sure how we've managed to hang onto the top end players, Hotham especially! When was the last time we did this :D

Wannabe2

Wow didn't see that coming.
Seriously though this sends out a massive message to other clubs and players, Hotham was voted Defensman of the year last season, not to mention his goalscoring, this young man must have had offers aplenty, but re-signed for the Devils, that says two very important things.
A. This club can now compete with other clubs in the Market place, thanks to our new Organisation.
B. This is a place where players are looked after by the Ownership, it's a great place to live, it's a very ambitious club, and it has the best fans in the league.
This squad has the makings of going very far this season, it will be a pure joy to watch, and it will surely be value for money, with this team and this Organisation, this Great Club is going places, just make sure you are all there for the ride, it's going to be a real pleasure. Let's get this show on the road, see you guys Monday evening at training.
Happy Hockey Days.

ASHIPP

Welcome home Andrew. Brilliant news.
:D
I know its an exaggeration sometimes to say that someone is indispensable....but he is!

This player is a game changer who excels in every aspect of his play. Who was going to replace him?

Thankfully we won't need to worry about that anymore.

Sheincar said:
If he's arriving on Saturday, he's been signed for a while in order to get his visa. Good to see all here by Monday.
I too reckon he's been signed a long time.

Big clue was Salters having to swith from his usual number 24 to 42 as demonstrated on the black shirts months ago.

Let's hope he's as ggod as last year. Will need to be as all teams in EIHL seem to have strengthened well

wildthing74

Delighted it's finally confirmed. For me the 2 stand outs from all the new signings last year were Hotham & Martin.After the second weekend they looked head and shoulders above anybody on the ice and I doubted our ability to keep them beyond the year fearing a better league would tempt them away but like it's been said being looked after properly goes a long way and our fans have certain helped in keeping them happy.

We all loved last year's team and here we are with a stronger team than we had in April.Roll on next week :)

DevilDom

Huge re-signing of the best D man in the league last year and a leader on the ice.

Also, a massive advantage over all the other teams in the league to be starting the season with the same D as last year. Hopefully that will allow us to steel a march on the rest!

Excellent signing - Hotham was in my top 3 players from last season that I wanted to re-sign. The guy just oozes class in the ice - both offensively, defensively and can also handle himself when the gloves are dropped...

Loving the team setup, we've kept the star players and upgraded on the team from last year.

Bring on the season...

Great News. I also expected Hotham to be a delayed announcement just to keep the expectation pot boiling. Again good work by the management team of the club.
Just need to add a few more goals FOR in my Behind the Net Predictions now we have this Excellent confirmation.

jimmy snels

With this signing we must be favourites for our conference in my eyes? We've got the same team EXCEPT upgraded a third line to a first line of stars. I expect us to start the season quickly as we don't have to adapt to systems or new team mates.
Hotham for me best D man in a long time. Scores hits fights and stands up for his team mates. Top player