Hope this is just an oversight!

zoesdevil

Apparently on Belfast Giants twitter page it says that the EIHL site is getting a face-lift and will be fully functional in August!!

Pleximan

zoesdevil said:
Apparently on Belfast Giants twitter page it says that the EIHL site is getting a face-lift and will be fully functional in August!!

Perhaps a message on the Elite website to advise that it will be down for a few days for changes/improvements a few days before going offline would have been a tad more professional than just simply disappearing???

Just the latest bumbling along from the chaps who run the league.

TheStub

In past experience a facelift does not require the loss of the original until go live.

Do we think they've changed hosts but forgot to backup files.

D

Deleted member 1337

hope they get it runing soon the devils could have a rafle and put the money towards the website i don't want to wait till august :? :|

TheStub

I wonder if they realise how unprofessional they look. Not even a holding page.

Perhaps some of us should volunteer some time and bail them out, as this paying for the service isn't really panning out for them.

Pffft what a joke...

It would only take a few minutes to put up a splash page with 're-design in progress' or whatever.

Another example of what a joke the league is :roll:

Can't see why they can't do what every other company does, keep their existing site up and work on their new site in the background. Then when it's ready to go make the switch with less downtime.

PS. They aren't the only out of dat organisation. When posted this I was asked what Elite league team I supported. I entered Fife Flyers, it didn't accept that so asked me another question :shock: :mrgreen:

TheStub

Re: Re: Hope this is just an oversight!

sparkymark75 said:
PS. They aren't the only out of dat organisation. When posted this I was asked what Elite league team I supported. I entered Fife Flyers, it didn't accept that so asked me another question :shock: :mrgreen:
It is hard to keep the questions current. :lol:

This has been posted on the Fife fans forum. Not sure if it is the legit reason but it would explain the sudden closure of the site.

Here is an example of someone not knowing the full story of what has happened to the website and giving the league unfair criticism. I actually know what has happened and it is unfortunate but the league couldn't really help it. There are 2 girls who run the league website and are paid ever year to do it, they just do it as a spare time job as they are both pro golfers. This year they demanded £15,000 (im not joking) to keep the league website for 2011-12 season. Obviously the league told them to no as who in their right mind would pay £15,000 for a pretty average website where you could have one basically just as good for i'm guessing a maximum of half that price. As a result the two girls just took the website down as they were obviously annoyed at not getting a new contract and the league has started developing a new website, I don't see what else could be done!

TheStub

If that really is the case then recovery is quick. I know this hosting firm, and they maintain pretty good backups. Email them and ask them to restore from before the deletion and they should be back in business before Monday lunchtime.

Whilst they are at it, get the hosting passwords changed and then a quiet word with someone like me or James and we could probably change any passwords the site use.

At least then they back in business until the new site is live.

A

Anonymous

ALDO#3 said:
This has been posted on the Fife fans forum. Not sure if it is the legit reason but it would explain the sudden closure of the site.

Here is an example of someone not knowing the full story of what has happened to the website and giving the league unfair criticism. I actually know what has happened and it is unfortunate but the league couldn't really help it. There are 2 girls who run the league website and are paid ever year to do it, they just do it as a spare time job as they are both pro golfers. This year they demanded £15,000 (im not joking) to keep the league website for 2011-12 season. Obviously the league told them to no as who in their right mind would pay £15,000 for a pretty average website where you could have one basically just as good for i'm guessing a maximum of half that price. As a result the two girls just took the website down as they were obviously annoyed at not getting a new contract and the league has started developing a new website, I don't see what else could be
done!
What a load of ol' nonsense :lol:

Finny

If they had said it was one woman on her own - then I could understand it.

But to suggest they found two women who both knew how to update a website - sorry but I find that a bit hard to believe.