Home team Sunday ?

Rob Batch

On paper I believe Sheffield are the 'home team'. I don't think that means they use our 'room'. In my mind it means nothing at all. Just beaucracy type BS, nothing more.

dave

Home team get last change and can get advantage via get the line matching they want etc.... I believe its Sheffield

Russky

Easy. our guys just turn up at IAW ' bagsy' home dressing room while Steelers Coach is still on M50. Or get Dease to take his sleeping bag to IAW Saturday evening, get him to camp out in the HOME dressing room al la the night before winter sales startt!!!! :D

Last edited:

Jonesy83

Surely we'll be attacking our usual way twice (1st & 3rd period) as Devils fans are all sitting that end (blocks 20, 1-9) with Steelers fans the other way (blocks 10-18).

fdlf666

Surely we'll be attacking our usual way twice (1st & 3rd period) as Devils fans are all sitting that end (blocks 20, 1-9) with Steelers fans the other way (blocks 10-18).
Steelers home team as they are the highest seeded team from group stages.
It doesn't mean they have the home dressing room, or play towards Blocks 3, 4 and 5 for 2 periods. Devils will still have own dressing room and play to the same ends as usual.
It just means that Sheffield will have last change at stoppages.

voth26

Steelers home team as they are the highest seeded team from group stages.
It doesn't mean they have the home dressing room, or play towards Blocks 3, 4 and 5 for 2 periods. Devils will still have own dressing room and play to the same ends as usual.
It just means that Sheffield will have last change at stoppages.
Been watching for plenty of years but what does this mean " just means that Sheffield will have last change at stoppages" I'm assuming you mean line changes??

Koop11

I’m sure we were the ‘home’ team for a playoff final once and we weren’t given the home changing room because we were playing Nottingham in their arena. If that’s the case, we should have our changing room too. Only fair.

E.D.S.

I’m sure we were the ‘home’ team for a playoff final once and we weren’t given the home changing room because we were playing Nottingham in their arena. If that’s the case, we should have our changing room too. Only fair.
Correct. It seemed to happen all the time at the NIC.
We need to make it as difficult as possible for them. They'd do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finny

Been watching for plenty of years but what does this mean " just means that Sheffield will have last change at stoppages" I'm assuming you mean line changes??
With the exception of an icing, both teams can change their lines during a stoppage in play. The away team has to do this before the referee raises his arm. The home team has to do this before the referee then lowers his arm.
It means that the home team can look who the away team have put onto the ice and choose their line accordingly.

dave

After away change ana arm in air you generally allow 5 seconds for that home team to change so it is enough to assess and get the match ups you want etc.

E.D.S.

They are kicking up one hell of stink on the Steelers forum. Think they need reminding that we're talking about a changing room here. Never known a changing room decide the outcome of a game.
Make the Devils get changed in the car park for all I care. They'll come out pumped and firing. Those Steelers have short short memories with how they used to sway the league and be on the back end of some very dubious and favourable decisions from those in Elite Towers. Now we have professional representation in Todd (who is the anti christ if you read the Steelers Forum) they don't like it. I hope we batter them!

(Just for consistency... I couldn't give a rats about this game.... can we just win the league pleeeeeeease )