Hill signs with....

Good luck to him, I hope he does well with them.
I can't say I will be gutted even if he does well, I think he needs a change to get things going again and hopefully it will do just that.

Skippy

mazza03 said:
Oh dear Phil, 'tut,tut. :oops:
Bit harsh isn't it ?

Sure we all dislike the Steelers but if my employer fired me for performing better than some of my peers i'd happily cross the road and work for the opposition.

We have to remember its his livelihood its how he pays the bills.

We shouldn't expect him to sit at home in a devils jersey in the dark eating value beans out of loyalty to the club that let him go.

Good luck to him.

skippy said:
mazza03 said:
Oh dear Phil, 'tut,tut. :oops:
Bit harsh isn't it ?

Sure we all dislike the Steelers but if my employer fired me for performing better than some of my peers i'd happily cross the road and work for the opposition.

We have to remember its his livelihood its how he pays the bills.

We shouldn't expect him to sit at home in a devils jersey in the dark eating value beans out of loyalty to the club that let him go.

Good luck to him.
well some didn't think he was playing better

Skippy

Ok fair comment.. " producing more points than my peers"

The sentiment remains the same we look like classless tossers for saying things like that.

Its his job.. fired from McDonalds offered a job a burger king.. its a job you can do you take it.

TheStub

Devils were right to release him, Steelers see him as filling a need and have signed him to a tryout contract.

Here's hoping that he'll step up and fill their void.

I guess Steelers offered a good whack.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

TheStub said:
Devils were right to release him, Steelers see him as filling a need and have signed him to a tryout contract.

Here's hoping that he'll step up and fill their void.

I guess Steelers offered a good whack.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Why are we hoping he fills THEIR void? It's OUR void he needed to fill but didn't.

Wish Phil well but suprised he did not end up in a purple jersey. Would imagine Aaron Nell might be getting less ice time now at Steelers.

mazza03

skippy said:
Ok fair comment.. " producing more points than my peers"

The sentiment remains the same we look like classless tossers for saying things like that.

Its his job.. fired from McDonalds offered a job a burger king.. its a job you can do you take it.
It's so nice to be called a classless tosser at 71 years of age :D

I don't think Phil has played well this season, that is my opinion which I think you will find I'm entitled to. :)

voth26

phil for what ever reason didn't perform this season for the devils hence he was released, im sure some-one will prove me wrong but having had a look at his career stats on elite prospects the majority of phils points came from assists, so although he scored 9 points out 12 games this season he actually scored 2 goals, considering he is classed as a "power forward" he hasn't lived up to that tag for a number of years. When we gas an import the whoha is over pretty dam quick but because we release a "top british player" who if we are all honest hasn't really performed for the last two seasons and quite possibly 3 seasons there are countless posts and a big out cry. I wish phil all the best, sods law he will probably come back with the steelers and score the winner, throw big checks, be involved in the game and have a fight unfortunately it was something he didn't do for his "home town" team for quite a while

BostonBart22

still think phil would be better off playing for guilford/swindon/ or basinstoke, where he would get more ice time and proberbly same wages as steelers or devils gave him, he will be on 4th line at sheffield, may improve his game as well :!:

BostonBart22 said:
still think phil would be better off playing for guilford/swindon/ or basinstoke, where he would get more ice time and proberbly same wages as steelers or devils gave him, he will be on 4th line at sheffield, may improve his game as well :!:
:roll: :DWD

For the most part he's been playing on the third line with Hewitt and Phillips. Nell has also been jumping in there. The last game the third line was Hewitt, Phillips and Spencer (import) with Hill and Nell jumping in on occasion.

So I would say not a great deal of time, but still a reasonable amount.