Hervato leaves

jimmy snels

Liked hervarto hope it works out well for him. Moving forward id like to see a larger player replace him. I think we are far to light up top.

JT666

I really enjoyed watching Hervato, but I can't blame a guy looking to the future. All the best to him.

Looking to our own future, surely we could do far worse than Kurka to fill up one of those forward EU berths? I thought he really came to the fore after our move to the IAW. Or are we looking for a power forward instead?

tim78

JT666 said:
Looking to our own future, surely we could do far worse than Kurka to fill up one of those forward EU berths? I thought he really came to the fore after our move to the IAW. Or are we looking for a power forward instead?
Kurka always played well just struggled up front with the line combo's, to me watching him with a more defensive minded center like Russell made a big difference in the 3rd place playoff.

Will miss Hervaro's fiestiness... shame Faryna has signed would be a perfect replacement.

ASHIPP

You got to take opportunities when they arise. Big disappointment but wish Zach all the best. Exciting, feisty player who will be missed.

Now the Devils need to recruit 2 EU players to meet the minimum requirements of 3 (Patrick Asselin is the 3rd EU passport holder).

Koop11

Shame. Hervato's energy was better than any other player last year. I liked how he played the game. All the very best to him.

I do hope we replace him with a similar style player. We are missing a lot of nastiness in this team currently and having the fore checking winger who gets under your skin in something we really need, more so now that Hervato is gone.

This league appears to be getting tougher (physically) with the signings made so far and right now we look like a very good team but a light weight one. I hope the last few signings bring some size but more importantly some high energy and nastiness.

Devil94

Hervato was the player I enjoyed watching most last year. Did the basics very well, always gave 100% and was a powerful hitter. A similar player is needed, maybe as well an opportunity to get a big body in the forwards. Will still be able to get two point scorers then, be it Ulmer and Bentivoglio or others.

Or another option.... I know most of us don't like him, but Darryl Lloyd?

ASHIPP

Devil94 said:
Hervato was the player I enjoyed watching most last year. Did the basics very well, always gave 100% and was a powerful hitter. A similar player is needed, maybe as well an opportunity to get a big body in the forwards. Will still be able to get two point scorers then, be it Ulmer and Bentivoglio or others.

Or another option.... I know most of us don't like him, but Darryl Lloyd?
A few seasons ago Lloyd was the nastiest little player in the league....but a good one who you might reluctantly say would be a good addition to any team.
He is past his best now - last season hightlighted that. Rumoured to be joining the Clan. Would much prefer Zach Hervato's feistiness and work ethic any day.

Temme

Hervato was the classic example that hard work never goes unnoticed; very little flare to his play but always plays at 100 miles per hour and puts points up where other players would be flagging at the end of their shift.

A real loss to us of course.

In my opinion, we are missing that Lloyd/Michel kind of player, someone willing to agitate, draw penalties, throw huge hits and trouble the scoreboard with 15-20; there's plenty of them about it's just finding one that's a good fit and available.

It will be a frantic few weeks for us without doubt getting the roster assembled, but it's important we pick the right players rather than someone who fits.

I have no doubt that a couple are signed up but Hervato leaves a big hole that's difficult to fill in short notice.