Hendo is back !

I think this is a great signing even if a few people are seeming to be doubtful.

He is not the toughest guy in the league but that is not his primary role - he is a solid D man, a good team player and will step in when required.

If some of the newer opposition players have not met those hips yet they will do!

Welcome back Jimmy!!

Im pleased to have Hendo back. He could change a game with one hip check & is always fun to watch when he's on the ice.
Hopefully he is back to full fitness now and can stay fit throughout the season. When he's at full fitness he's quality.
I'm amazed by the lack of comments on here for a top quality D man re-signing with us.
I can only imagine it means everyone is chuffed to see him back as most only post to have moan (myself included :lol: )

KaneDevils

Thought we could and should of upgraded on Hendrikx. Just my opinion. Perhaps our least effective D man. Caused too many turn overs in his own zone for my liking.

jimmy snels

Personally i think its prudent buisness. First half of the year an absolute tank. Yeah he got an injury and dropped off a bit. What would people rather he sat on the side saying "im too injured to play sorry" or try his hardest to help the team!? Reminds me a lot of marsh's situation. I thought why are we resigning him a few years back and he went on to be our best player that season.

Koop11

A fully fit Hendrix is a scary player to play against. I disagree with KaneDevils as I thought he was one of our most reliable defenseman with the puck. He and Richie bring the simple hockey play at the back end and rarely did he create turnovers.

For a ‘tough guy’, Hendrix is a smooth puck carrier with a good shot. His physical presence of course is where he is most notorious. I must admit though, when it was evident he was carrying an injury after Christmas it really showed and consequently he was far less effective. So much so it created divides among many fans about whether he should return.

I would hope with a summer’s recovery the ‘Pre Christmas Hendrix’ will be back marshalling the blue line better than ever.

KaneDevils said:
Lack of comments would suggest to me that the majority are slightly underwhelmed?
personally i wasnt suprised he came back, i have him on facebook and it just seemed inevitable as to when not if tbh. but i am glad he is back.

DevilDom

I must admit I wasn't hugely excited by the re-signing at first, however the more I think about it the more I think it is a very good bit of business and I'm pleased he is back.

We now have 5 of our 6 D back from last year which will hopefully means the familiarity in the pairings and with how Bowns plays will allow us to hit the ground running.

When judging a player I always think would I like to see that player on an opposition side - the answer with Hendrix is definitely not! He is very good at what his role on the team is a tough, stay at home D man who does the simple things well and puts opposition forwards off their game with his physicality.

Hendrix is tough, very tough and not afraid to stand up to anyone in our league. Him and Batchy really are a nasty partnership and that allows the rest of the team to play in a way that they know their back is always covered.

If its true and he was playing injured in the 2nd half of the season then that tells you a lot about the man and his commitment to the team. Yes, his game may have fallen off a little bit as a result of being injured but he could have taken the easy option and sat out for a few weeks but didn't.

Welcome back Hendo, pleased you are a Devil again.

KaneDevils

We now have 5 of our 6 D back from last year which will hopefully means the familiarity in the pairings and with how Bowns plays will allow us to hit the ground running.
Must admit, this could prove a key factor. Again, not against him re-signing, just thought we could of upgraded, especially as other teams are recruiting extra well.

voth26

KaneDevils said:
Lack of comments would suggest to me that the majority are slightly underwhelmed?
The same could be said of Walton and Haddad, and in fact our entire Brit pack excluding Bownsy

Relax - its the holiday season, people are busy - I'm glad to see Hendo back, adds a lot of confidence, competence and toughness to the D - and a lot more skill than he gets credited for.