HC Sparta Praha

TheStub

Thread starter #1
So, I've found myself in Prague with Sparta due to play a home game tomorrow. Worth a trip to the Tesla Arena?

Anyone been? Is it accessible to non-Czech speakers?

Supposedly third best league in Europe. It will be nice to see how they build rinks over here.

TheStub

Thread starter #2
Re: HC Spata Praha

Great game, well worth the ticket price. What a rink... old but I'd trade for it.

Also you could see the quality on the ice, everything tape to tape and probably 2 of the best goals I'll see for a while. Also can we have the ice girls, cheerleaders, beer carriers and hostesses?

They also have some cool merch so I just had to treat myself

TheStub

Thread starter #7
It was between 1/2 to 2/3 full. Our side was full, as were the terraces. The other side and VIP balconies probably under half full. Strange as tickets were limited. 5:40 midweek faceoff probably limited numbers.

Mind you, at about £8 a ticket for the premium seats, it was great value.

TheStub

Thread starter #10
Yes, it's Slavia. As they were both in action last night I went for Sparta. Next time I'm over I'll have to check out the O2.

The fans were going so mental I had to double check it wasn't Hicksy out there :lol: nah in all seriousness, they sure do get into the game! Felt real old skool with the terraces but it added a load of fantastic atmosphere! The 6 drummers were even adding depth and dynamics playing variations of the same beat across several types of drums, not just the same thing like drumming monkeys. They started and held the chants going for practically the whole 2 and a half hours we were there - but then it is easier to do that when you've got a solid roof! .....a roof which actually domed from goal to goal, not bench to bench like normal. It was huge.

No queues for food either - a load of concession stands and even stantily clad young ladies bringing half litres of cheap czech beer to you at your seat!

Oh and the lil video clips for penalty calls were hilarious! Gotta see if we can find some clips - definitely worth stealing and making use of the TVs around the tent!

Sorry Stub, I missed your original post. Glad you enjoyed it...I caught Sparta's first home game of the season this year. Fantastic standard, awesome old rink and excellent fans. The intro is cool aswell with clips from the film '300'. If anyone else takes a trip to Prague I'd highly recommend taking in a Sparta game!

What did you think about the terracing? I'd love to see us get terracing down one end of our new rink :D

Aye - t'would be most excellent. Only 'problem' is terraces require heavier marshall presence than seating and if I were the rink I'd want to actually pay for marshalls too in an effort to ensure more consistency and allowance for the marshalls to actually control the crowd. If that makes sense?