Having a BALL and shout out to team GB

Celticdruid

Thread starter #1
Mods:- In light of remembering the D-day events and the bravery shown back then I am hoping that this article can be posted for a short period as I think people will enjoy the read. I hope this is okay.

Hi all, I came a cross this article earlier today and feel that it definitely warrants a special mention. It is an article that shows how hockey is a sport that brings people together even at the hardest of times and irrespective of faith or background. It is also an article that shows how it only takes one member of a team to speak out in support of another player to bring about change which you will see during the article. It also shows the toughness and resilience of players even if they are only 5'03" and finally it shows even back then how close the hockey community really is.

Special shout out to Team GB in this article. Even way back then they showed team spirit and were passionate enough to stop a extremely dominant Canadian team.

And check out that ultra safe Keepers equipment back when they pretty much wore cricket pads on their legs with Zero helmet and on occasions still managed to keep a shut out somehow. #Nails

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/65821199

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Mods:- In light of remembering the D-day events and the bravery shown back then I am hoping that this article can be posted for a short period as I think people will enjoy the read. I hope this is okay.

Hi all, I came a cross this article earlier today and feel that it definitely warrants a special mention. It is an article that shows how hockey is a sport that brings people together even at the hardest of times and irrespective of faith or background. It is also an article that shows how it only takes one member of a team to speak out in support of another player to bring about change which you will see during the article. It also shows the toughness and resilience of players even if they are only 5'03" and finally it shows even back then how close the hockey community really is.

Special shout out to Team GB in this article. Even way back then they showed team spirit and were passionate enough to stop a extremely dominant Canadian team.

And check out that ultra safe Keepers equipment back when they pretty much wore cricket pads on their legs with Zero helmet and on occasions still managed to keep a shut out somehow. #Nails

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/65821199
But wasn’t that GB team full of Canadians.

fridaysfingers

From Wiki

In previous Olympics, the Great Britain team had finished third (1924), and fourth (1928) but with teams that were, "largely composed of Canadian Army officers and university graduates living in the U.K."[2] It was decided that their team must be British-born this time, and while only one player on the team was born in Canada, nine of the thirteen players on the roster grew up in Canada, and eleven had played previously in Canada.