Have we Peaked to soon?

Thread starter #1
What's gone wrong in the last few games? Watching the Challenge cup final the guys looked short of ideas on how to break the panthers down, the panthers outlasted them in almost every dept apart from goaltending. They were more physical all over the ice and looked like they just wanted it more than we did. We seem to have lost that confidence and spark we had to get us to the top of the table, and stay there for much of the season. I hope I'm wrong and we've not peaked too soon, but the guys look physically and mentally shot. I hope they can pick it up again, Christ we need too that's for certain if we have the aspiration to lift the league title. Come on Devils!

We peaked a month ago.

We are now in a trough!

So, only way is up.

Question is, will we peak again before the end of the season!

Jury is out.

Must say watching,as a neutral,it crossed my mind that the Devils of a few weeks ago would have walked that game. Something seems to have changed perhaps they've played themselves out so to speak.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Other teams previously dogged by injury and/or bad form have suddenly found their mojo.
Perhaps there was an underestimation of just how inform some of these teams would be.
Because a team loses, it doesn't mean they played badly.

Unrealistic expectations (and therefore pressure) from everywhere that because our team were top they were going to win all competitions.

Sport is so unpredictable. Form effected by so many factors.

Devil94

Wannabe2 said:
Afraid to comment on this in case the thread gets locked.lol
Stop the personal attacks and that won't happen. Quite simple really.

I don't think it's a matter of peaking, it's just going through a rough patch. Very rarely a team goes through a season without one, we're just unlucky that ours has happened at such a crucial stage of the season. Sheffield had one around about this time last year, and still managed to win last few games and clinched the league. So all is not over.

Chris

Administrator
Devil94 said:
Stop the personal attacks and that won't happen. Quite simple really.
This.

I'll have a look at tidying up the other thread now and unlocking the rink one, for the most part that has been an informative and important thread to have running for the last 4 years.

If we're going to get ridiculous comments like we had last night, all because someone posted a different opinion, then things are going to be continually locked and posts deleted.

The post isn't aimed at you Devil94.

Electro

From memory we seemed to lag last yr at the last couple of months. For me l see a pattern, for me other coaches appear to be able to outmanoeuvre us. Maybe it's inexperience, maybe other coaches have more confidence, happy to build up towards the last few months as opposed to reaching top spot.

Maybe Lordo could do with some poker or chess lessons.

Finny

Electro said:
From memory we seemed to lag last yr at the last couple of months. For me l see a pattern, for me other coaches appear to be able to outmanoeuvre us. Maybe it's inexperience, maybe other coaches have more confidence, happy to build up towards the last few months as opposed to reaching top spot.

Maybe Lordo could do with some poker or chess lessons.
Last season we won 10 out of our last 12 league games. Plus both legs of the CC semi. Plus the final.
It was only the hammering in Sheffield days after the CC win and the playoff QF loss to Belfast that were poor results.

Maybe you could do with some memory lessons. ;)