HAS JODIE LEHMAN RECEIVED THE MANDATORY 25 GAME BAN YET

Thread starter #1
http://www.prohockeynews.com/hockey/pub ... lash.shtml

Just wondering what the latest is. What are the Devils doing about Lehman throwing equipment into the crowd?

If it was Aubs we all know that he would be on a plane home. How can we lobby the elite league. It's time the Elite came out publicly and declared they are an independent body. Lets get their explanation for Lehmans Let Off,

bubbles said:
http://www.prohockeynews.com/hockey/publish/hockeyuk/Unsavoury_scenes_at_Elite_league_clash.shtml

Just wondering what the latest is. What are the Devils doing about Lehman throwing equipment into the crowd?

If it was Aubs we all know that he would be on a plane home. How can we lobby the elite league. It's time the Elite came out publicly and declared they are an independent body. Lets get their explanation for Lehmans Let Off,
there is another thread somewhere talking about Lehman and what the league's action should be etc, well i think their is anyways

mazza03

Does anyone really believe that something is going to happen with Bob at the helm of Sheffield AND the Elite league? :x

Gazza272

If we look at this logically its nigh on impossible to prove anything.

Yes the youtube video does show Jody lehmann throwing a water bottle over the plexi glass which hits the plexi by the stands, but you have to prove he was throwing it at the crowd and not just over the plexi glass. The only way i think you could ensure any sort of ban is if Jody actually hit someone in the stands whcih he didnt.

And other than that there isnt any case to answer really, if we are going to go after him for inciting the crowd then we are going ot have to accept it when our own players do it like Doug Mciver did in basingstoke at the weekend.

Koop11

I’m with Gazza on this. If the footage I have seen of Jody throwing a water bottle is the one where it hits the plexi then fans are clutching at strews. If there is a separate incident caught on video then I haven’t seen it.

Allegedly, Lehman gestured to the crowds in an inappropriate manner. I’m not talking about the hand waver with 2 seconds to go in the game. That was stupid and fuelled a fire but does not warrant a ban IMO. If however there is evidence of a separate incident whereby he inappropriately gestured to the crowd then I haven’t seen it.

Whether it’s proved Jody did act indecently to the crowd, does anyone honestly think the Elite League which is heavily influenced by the Steelers owner is going to punish Jody when the Steelers are chasing their first league title in 5 years? The answer in an blatant no.

James

Administrator
Koop11 said:
Whether it’s proved Jody did act indecently to the crowd, does anyone honestly think the Elite League which is heavily influenced by the Steelers owner is going to punish Jody when the Steelers are chasing their first league title in 5 years? The answer in an blatant no.
He did make an obscene gesture to the crowd but apparently there is no enforceable rule against that. Spitting at a member of the crowd is a game ban, obscene gestures could potentially warrant a 10 minute personal ban but nothing more. .. or so I'm told.

Sliput

David Grant (BDS) said:
Standards slipping around here?

I would have thought you would all be asking for 50+ games - just to ensure 'justice' was done of course ;)
Justice...oh please dont make me laugh. We dont run witch hunts on here,we may (just on the forums) talk about it and post our own opinions but Sheffield take it to a whole new level...whats the word i am looking for ??..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................Pathetic.

If Voth did what Sharp had done he would be safetly back in Cananda now.If Aubry did what Jody had done at the tin tent the fans would have claimed that he was trying to deliberatly injure the supporters !!!

I am glad Jody hasnt been banned because when you win the league everyone will know its ''tainted''.

And yes ,i've had a bad day at work :)

Sliput said:
If Voth did what Sharp had done he would be safetly back in Cananda now.If Aubry did what Jody had done at the tin tent the fans would have claimed that he was trying to deliberatly injure the supporters !!!
there would probably be an article in the paper about how the 5ft 5" and a half fan was frightened for their life as it flashed before there face. Just as another steelers fan saved the day by diving over 5 rows of chairs and sweeping them off their feet to safety.