Guildford Flames v Cardiff Devils - Sat 6 Jan 2017 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

august04

Just when you thought Sheffield were about as classless as it gets in the EIHL. They wouldn’t even sink as low as this Flames MOM disgrace. Guildford should be issuing an immediate public apology to both Rutkis and the Devils.
Absolutely outrageous behaviour.

ASHIPP

Just when you thought Sheffield were about as classless as it gets in the EIHL. They wouldn’t even sink as low as this Flames MOM disgrace. Guildford should be issuing an immediate public apology to both Rutkis and the Devils.
Absolutely outrageous behaviour.
Can't this behaviour be reported to the league? Totally embarrassing for Toms and insulting to the Devils team and organisation.

Flames need to take a long hard look at themselves. Winning the game is one thing, winning respect in the league is something completely different.

Last edited:

august04

Flames have issued an apology which is welcome but if you believe their excuse, you’ll believe anything. They knew exactly what they were doing.
Win the game on Wednesday, and pulverise the little toe rags in the process.

Next Wednesday I hope we batter them across the rink, hit after hit after hit.
Just not Devils’ style anymore, once upon a time we would have but I’d be very surprised if this happened on Wednesday. Shame though, that’s the style of hockey I fell in love with!

On paper it seemed like MK would be the better of the two new teams at the start of the season but the Flames have got their act together, did what they needed to tonight and rubbed some salt in the wound for good measure! I hope we slick pass them to death on Wednesday!

august04

Just not Devils’ style anymore, once upon a time we would have but I’d be very surprised if this happened on Wednesday. Shame though, that’s the style of hockey I fell in love with!

On paper it seemed like MK would be the better of the two new teams at the start of the season but the Flames have got their act together, did what they needed to tonight and rubbed some salt in the wound for good measure! I hope we slick pass them to death on Wednesday!
I haven’t seen the game tonight so I don’t know how we played but Flames are small and quick (except Walker who looks grossly overweight!) and in games I have seen with them, they constantly press, and press and press again, and we haven’t had the space and time on the puck for fancy dan passing them to death. They’ve had success against us this season by playing this way. We know what to expect from them, maybe it’s time to get back to a simpler, physical style on Wednesday and physically punish these smaller players (if refereeing allows, and that’s a big if). We still have the players to play that kind of game, even if some think we can’t do that on home ice anymore. I hope we come out hitting everything and hitting them hard.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Some of our most physical guys are not out there at the moment, though- Josh injured, Lordo coaching from the bench.

Devil_Abroad

By the end of the second we could have and should have been 4 or 5 up. They are indeed a quick transition team and direct. They actually do play physical, you don’t have to have big bodies to check hard. They have a very good active PK. They also stopped the late cheap shots so thumbs up for 2 ref system tonight. However, Davies needs stabilisers - just look at him and he falls over lol However, we had some great chances in the first 2 periods to be well ahead by the third. It seemed we stepped back a little in the third for some reason. Their first was a fluke, Bowns going post to post as the puck was passed from the boards hitting his stick and deflecting in. Their second was a scramble in front of Bowns with chances for our D to clear only for it to eventually squirt out sideways to one of their players. And their o/t winner came about by Fournier following his player who drop passed it to another that Benti was marking and they both went after the player no longer with the puck - the other, Dunbar, skated in on Bowns lifting it top corner. Though disappointed with a point it’s still a point and the pressure of the unbeaten run has also gone. Though Panthers have started winning again they’re only just getting over the line so I’m still confident the guys will bounce back tomorrow night. As for the next 2 games after that? I really do fancy us to take them both.

Shout out to the 2 guys stood behind us at the plexi tonight - loved the comments and banter guys #knowledge #funny ‘he’s only got Game!’ [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hedd Wyn John

I know there’s quite a few disappointed Devils following the OT defeat yesterday but I think we need to focus on the positives. By all accounts the performance was solid and we came away with a point which is important. Our winning streak was bound to end at some point so at least we came away with a point. We need to go again tonight full pelt against the Panthers & show the rest of the league that we mean business.

backrow

I have a question. In the Flames apology was it reasonable for #27 to be selected as MOM when Joey Martin scored both Devils goals?