Guess why IAW cancelled junior hockey?

Tad-cu

Thread starter #1
You can't make this stuff up!
Truth is stranger than fiction!
How dull can you be with one head?
IAW has cancelled the Junior Devils regular bookings for a week, why?
Netball !!!!!!!

Come in the Calgary 4, please buy the rink. The kids will chip in with their pocket money too !

The netball tournament sold out the biggest available venue really quickly, so IAW are hosting due to having a bigger capacity.

Great for the venue and if anyone thinks a Devils owned rink would turn down a profit making event, then they may be in for disappointment if it does happen.

pjj365

Will not crticise IAW for generating revenue but a couple of thoughts

Why is the small pad not available. If public skating is taking place then the loss of revenue by cancelling will no doubt be outweighed by netball revenues
Whatever they do it will be cold. Remember attending a gig at MEN when Storm were playing there - it got colder as the evening wore on. I hope they have warned the netball crowd
If this works AND can be repeated AND consideration can be given to all hockey users then IAW becomes profitable and makes it a more attractive business proposition for a bid by the owners

youngbob

In the past when junior Hockey training's been cancelled there have been free tickets for a Devils game given to the Juniors

It might be worth pursuing with team managers, though with sell-outs for most games it could be more difficult

Electro

Given the current lack of interest or capability within the IAW concerning amenities, it may bring further negativity. It's great to have the business, if that business can give at least a basic level of service. I hope those issues are addressed before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

Given the current lack of interest or capability within the IAW concerning amenities, it may bring further negativity. It's great to have the business, if that business can give at least a basic level of service. I hope those issues are addressed before.

Whilst I would not disagree with this I did avoid mentioning it in my points as I did not spot any adverse critism on this after the boxing events - a more demanding audience than netball I would suggest

It is always possible of course that what we experience on a weekly basis was, and will be, fixed when they have revenue from venue hire

Electro

It's far more likely Netball supporters would use Cafe facilities than Boxing, it obviously depends on crowd numbers.

Vartel

Will not crticise IAW for generating revenue but a couple of thoughts

Why is the small pad not available. ...
The small pad is probably not available as the changing rooms for the small pad are tiny. You can only comfortably fit about 10-12 skaters and kit in each changing room. It could be that the netball tournament is using these changing rooms as overflow or for refs etc

Alternatively they could be checking tickets for netball at the main doors, not letting anyone into the building without tickets

kingmo19.1

I would question the utilisation of the 2 pad system - Pad 2 seems unused quite a lot of the time. Open it up - or what was the point in having it !

youngbob

Interesting that having the opportunity to host the Welsh international team at our home arena should prove to be such a controversial topic

I assume the original post was based on thinking this would be "just another soft girly netball game", which could well be down to miscommunication

But it's turned into just another "bash the IAW" thread