Grinding the Rumour Mill - ENL Devils ?

Paul Sullivan said:
Koop11 said:
What is the alternative arrangement for the travel expensives for away trips?
Driving to the games in multiple cars Koop.
The above seems harsh. Could there not be some way of fund raising to help pay coach travel? Supporters could also go to away games on the bus and contribute. What about the £1.00 paid when going to Elite games. Could that not be used towards the cost of the bus? Just a thought :)

Ger-Devils

Whoopie said:
Paul Sullivan said:
Koop11 said:
What is the alternative arrangement for the travel expensives for away trips?
Driving to the games in multiple cars Koop.
The above seems harsh. Could there not be some way of fund raising to help pay coach travel? Supporters could also go to away games on the bus and contribute. What about the £1.00 paid when going to Elite games. Could that not be used towards the cost of the bus? Just a thought :)
Does that £1 when parking for Elite games axtually get to the Juniors? I doubt it.

The main thing is, we have ENL1 +2 in Cardiff, on the other hand, how many top prospects will still be here?

I doubt it will make a massive difference to the younger players who are looking to break into the Elite team, the opportunity for them, like Adam and Luke last season, would surely outweigh the disadvantage to them. Older players playing for fun or are unlikely to progress any further shouldn't be funded by the DCF.

but without the guys that play for the fun / love of it and wont make it to elite level, you wont have a team for the luke's to play in that puts them up against the level of competion that enl 1 provides, so without this level of competion the luke's will dry up, i think we will lose a few of the better players from the enl 1 squad due to the rumblings this pre season. sam smith has gone, now looks like burrows is going, lyle and richie gone but differant situations. we have signed bari mckenzie and rummers of the two lads from hull ? think the club i knew is changing in to one i don't recognise, and still no sign of enl's best prospect jamie hayes ?????????

Sorry for being slow, what two lads from Hull? Also on the Jamie situation, tbh he is not an ENL prospect, he is a proven player at EPL and Elite, better than Luke P, but the lad wants to play, not sit on a a bench.

sam mcclusky and tristan harper only a rumour on the main rumour thread, and thats my point, jamie hayes is better than luke p but dont evan get to train with the devils unlike the other up and coming youth. i think it's jack all to do with hockey why he's not getting his chance, but it's not just jamie who misses out it's fans like me who want to see players like him come through and make it in this league for us not end up playing against us for our rivels.

Unfortunately it isn't just hockey that decides whether a player will make it to the EIHL setup, I would trust a coaches opinion over fans. It's been said that Hayes is proven at EPL level, if that's the case why is he in the ENL?

I've heard that although Jamie is talented on the ice at ENL he was considered lazy in training and earned the nick name "Lazy Hayes".
Its all down to attitude with G it appears.

Not sure where you heard that but Jamie is anything but lazy. He does an hour in the gym BEFORE training, and then trains in a weighted vest under his shoulder pads and is still the most energetic guy out there.
Talent obviously is a key attribute in getting a spot at Elite but there are a number of other factors that have to fit for it to work. That can range from personality fit & attitude to commitment (not all players have hockey as priority 1 in their life).

devil_hammer said:
Not sure where you heard that but Jamie is anything but lazy. He does an hour in the gym BEFORE training, and then trains in a weighted vest under his shoulder pads and is still the most energetic guy out there.
Talent obviously is a key attribute in getting a spot at Elite but there are a number of other factors that have to fit for it to work. That can range from personality fit & attitude to commitment (not all players have hockey as priority 1 in their life).

I dont doubt where he is now, and I hope he makes an EIHL return with the Devils I just commented about his time under G

Budgie said:
devil_hammer said:

I dont doubt where he is now, and I hope he makes an EIHL return with the Devils I just commented about his time under G
I think this would be the point to pick up on...... whilst Jamie is a great prospect you can't ignore the fact that he has played under G previously and G is more than aware of the type of player that he is. I'm sure he will be aware of Jamie's performances at ENL level and EPL. But G knows what kind of players he wants on his team, he knows Jamie very well and if he decides that he is not the right fit for the team right now then we have to trust that judgement really.

He knows Jamie really well? Are you SURE about that? He know's how well he has done this season? Because someone has told him or he's taken a look himself?
Jamie was 19 when he last played under G and has played excellent season's at both EPL and ENL, are we saying there is no way he could have improved as a player? as an athlete? Matured? or should we not give kids a second chance? has anyone ever sat down with him and told him what he needs to improve on? given him goals etc?

hockeyhead29 said:
He knows Jamie really well? Are you SURE about that? He know's how well he has done this season? Because someone has told him or he's taken a look himself?
Jamie was 19 when he last played under G and has played excellent season's at both EPL and ENL, are we saying there is no way he could have improved as a player? as an athlete? Matured? or should we not give kids a second chance? has anyone ever sat down with him and told him what he needs to improve on? given him goals etc?
Well I would assume that by coaching him for a year that he knows him realtively well!? But like you say he was 19 then. I have no idea if G has watched him play last season? I just assumed that he has some sort of idea as to what is going on at ENL otherwise how else does he know who to call up like he has with Burrows, Piggott and Harding? I think G is a pretty good coach and would have thought that Jamie was given goals and things to improve on during his last term with the Devils but again i dont know that for sure. He may have improved, he may be the same player as he was when 19 and played here last, I wouldnt exactly call his EPL seasons "excellent" he has had circa 16 points each season in the EPL, that's hardly stand out! Ben on the other hand put up 29 in half as many games. I'm not saying Jamie isn't a good player and that he doesnt deserve another shot but if G has decided that this isnt the year to give him a shot then InGweTrust!

I would of thought that if G needs to dive into the ENL for a player his first point of contact would be Cudds or even Brent who has played with most of them.Theres no need for G to be tracking these guys if he has faith in others.