Goodnight Belfast

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Didn't want Panthers to win as it dont make the PO a neutral venue, but hopefully the Giants going out dislike them intensely ever since they supported a English team over Devils, Celtic cousins my rump, they are my second detested team after Steelers. Panthers now 4 goals ahead on the night, goodnight Celtic cousins.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #3
Earnie said:
I don't think Giants fans have ever supported Cardiff at the Playoffs.
Spot on Earnie, there are on there way out anyway thank god. If we were playing Steelers in the final they would support the Steelers. Lights out Belfast.

jimmy snels

No pity from me. Hated them ever since faulkner was slew footed ending his season and no one got involved. Had some outrageously dirty plays over the years that stick in my mind.

Milky

Wannabe2 said:
Didn't want Panthers to win as it dont make the PO a neutral venue, but hopefully the Giants going out dislike them intensely ever since they supported a English team over Devils, Celtic cousins my rump, they are my second detested team after Steelers. Panthers now 4 goals ahead on the night, goodnight Celtic cousins.
Agree with that, after the whole Nickerson / Hendo MMA bulls*t and the retarded way their fans have reacted, they are now my 2nd most hated team too.

Must be something in the water over there. Was speaking to a lovely married couple in their late 50's after the second Belfast game at IAW. They seemed very polite, friendly and knowledgeable about hockey and then we got onto the above incident. Talk about about Jekyll and Hyde, you would genuinely thought they were bi-polar.

Diafol

Adam Keefe's taking elimination with good grace I see...

"@covblazehockey well played. Must be nice to take the season off & play hard for 4 games of the year"

Touchy :lol:

As a Giants fan, and despite some of the comments here I wills like to wish you good luck in the Finals. Would rather see Cardiff or Fife win it, and to be honest you guys were the best team all season and should have won the league so I think you deserve the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnybravo1927

Bit of a funny situation here. By and large I found guants fans to be a good bunch and friendly enough. Panthers fans are not a bad lot either but as a team I do not like belfast at all though would love to have Keefe in out team. I am not bothered who ended up in the playoffs really as long as its Cardiff and 3 others. I think that Fife will be the neutrals favourite

BostonBart22

Hotdog said:
As a Giants fan, and despite some of the comments here I wills like to wish you good luck in the Finals. Would rather see Cardiff or Fife win it, and to be honest you guys were the best team all season and should have won the league so I think you deserve the playoffs

thanx for that, the panthers looked really good last night , they proberbly had their best game of the season . hopefully the gods will be with us this weekend, the trophy is there for the taking as long as we turn up with a winning attitude like sundays game v dundee. i"m sure giants will have the bouncebackabilty to storm for honours next season .

BostonBart22 said:
Hotdog said:

thanx for that, the panthers looked really good last night , they proberbly had their best game of the season . hopefully the gods will be with us this weekend, the trophy is there for the taking as long as we turn up with a winning attitude like sundays game v dundee. i"m sure giants will have the bouncebackabilty to storm for honours next season .
Yeah, they played a very professional game, soaked up the early pressure to maintain their lead and hit us well on the break. Disallowed Giants goal was a major turning point I think but sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't.

Coventry will be a tough semi for you guys, esp with their experience from last year. Key I think against them is to get the first goal so they have to play more attacking and if you can get into Stewart's head all the better.

If you get to final you have advantage of extra rest time with having the early semi which will be useful if either match is particularly physical or goes to OT