• Yeah, I like it

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • It's ok

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 34 57.6%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
So now we have had the goal music for a few months, I was wondering if people's opinions had varied or not?

Was just interested as Paul said we should give it a chance but still hasn't grown on me, feels it kills the atmosphere a little.

davew

Ditch it.

It adds nothing and I don't know anyone who likes it, even 500 miles was better than the one being used now.

Goal music - verdict - That don't impress me much!!

When we score - too busy shouting my **** off chanting Goal, clap clap, Goal, clap clap.

When the opposition score usually busy shouting at the stripeys pointing out the error of their ways

James

Administrator
I'm with the other posts on here, it doesn't work and kills the mood. Goal goes in, everyone cheers. Music kicks in, everyone sits down and looks uncomfortable. I'm not saying don't try something new, nor go back to Song 2 but Song 2 had everyone on their feet cheering till it cut out.

I hate being negative, but have to agree that the new goal music doesn't seem to be working. Ideally it needs to be something that people can clap and sing along to - without much of a beat it's tough to clap along to, and for whatever reason no-one seems to be singing along to it either...
Song 2 at least had a beat at the right sort of speed to clap to, and some people did sing along with the 'woohoos'!

Skippy

Ok if no one ( apart from me) likes it can anyone suggest something else ? As just saying "I don't like it" isnt all that productive..

Suggestions ?

Ger-Devils

I put the song forward back in the summer to Paul who agreed to use it. I didn't expect it to be used but in my view, I thought it was a good fit. To me the whole 'goal' chant fans do, I don't see the point of it. As a football fan, you just normally go mental and cheer/scream.

Maybe it would be better if it was done after the goal chant was done? I just didn't appreciate people criticising without even suggesting an alternative.

If you've got ideas, put them to paul.

Finny

It's slowly growing on me.

If the majority of people joined in with it, then it would be very good. But so far nobody is.

Finny said:
It's slowly growing on me.

If the majority of people joined in with it, then it would be very good. But so far nobody is.
I agree.

I have to be honest, I like it, although I can also see why some people wouldn't. I say we give it this season and if it's still not working at the end of the season, it can be reviewed.

I think we should all just be grateful that it's not the remix version being used though, that version is awful!!

I'm glad we changed the old goal music as it had long outstayed it's welcome in my opinion however I'm not yet convinced the replacement is the way to go.

As mentioned on another thread I still think Joe Satriani's - Crowd Chant could work and although it is used by others there is a good reason for that.

Anyway I'm glad for the change and trying something new but not sure the current option is the right one in terms of getting the fans involved.