Giants Vs Devils - League - 4th & 5th Feb 22

Earnie

A word about the referees:
The whistle tended to stay in pocket but on the whole I thought they were OK and they let the game go.

T10P

I thought Mr Kitchen's commentary was dead pan tonight. (Sorry) It was so much more enjoyable it allowed me to listen more and he was very fair with any shouts for penalties. Although someone please tell him it is pronounced Coogler.
I disagree with the mostly calling fair pens. He blatantly only sees/calls penalties that are missed by the officials when it would be a Belfast advantage. “Coincidently” never sees any missed infringements the other way.

T10P

Now some Giants fans are complaining that Carruth jumped into the plexi because there were children standing behind it.
FFS! How pathetic can some people be?
Haha the kids excuse is pathetic. So it’s ok with them sitting next to the glass when there’s a potential for 2 players to be absolutely rammed against it at speed. But if someone skates up and jumps at it it’s a massive issue and uncalled for and scares kids .

Earnie

They have always been desperately slow releasing data to the press or anyone else when they loose. I look up the Belfast Telegraph most days. (Having said that there is a report in today’s Belfast Telegraph)

Last edited:

moggy#9

When in Nottingham for playoff finals , in my experience the general opinion of visiting fans towards Giant Fans is - Avoid Them, Easy to see why.
I know a guy in work who is a giants fan, though not an active one. He is one of the nicest guys you could meet. It's not all giants fans, it's just that there worst they have seem to be utterly awful.

moggy#9

I've just seen the Waller penalty shot, no wonder the giants were embarrassed by it. Waller took that like a veteran completely owned bezkswazzock on that one.

I think this is a disgraceful action by an official club representative. I’d be absolutely mortified if we, as a club, ever stooped that low.
Am I personally offended by this video? Of course not but this is not about me it’s about respect!

This is childish in the extreme and showing a total lack of respect. Unfortunately this is not an isolated display of such a lack of respect for a rival clubs emblem. Who can forget Belfast player coach none less, Derek Walser’s disgraceful stamping on the Club emblem DURING the anthem before a game at the IAW!

Disrespect, petulance, antagonism and confrontation all seem to be in the DNA of Belfast.
Overall impression is horrible club, horrible fans!

Last edited: