Giants Vs Devils - League - 18th & 19th March 23 - Double Header Baby!

E.D.S.

Didn't see the game, but the scary thing for me was that I've heard a few people say that Belfast didn't even really get out of 2nd or 3rd gear. That Belfast just kept it ticking over to get the 3-1 win. Is that a fair assessment? If true then that's worrying.
Bang on.
We got bullied. Hit all over the place. Chad put his body on the line time after time and got pummelled without any retribution. They smashed every player. Pure men against boys stuff. We looked clueless. Once again we did an amazing job of killing off our own penalties and being unable to exit our zone effectively. Martin busted a gut all game but with no reward. All his hard work was done defending. If Giants do play in 3rd gear it could be very ugly for us.

Also, I’ve moaned about him before, but the Giants commentator either doesn’t know the names or pronounces them wrong.

Guy is basically just a fan with a microphone, which doesn’t feel like it’s value for money for £15.
Just like the vast majority of webcast commentators. You need to try listening to the others, just as biased and loud when home/their team scores. If it's such a problem for you and anyone else, it's quite simple...DON'T buy it!!!I

Will never pay for a giants webcast again, crap commentary by a biased loud mouthed idiot, and camerawork by a bricklayer. It’s bad enough having a pretty lousy team but this production is garbage,
you say this constantly....then you make a complaint and try and mostly succeed in getting a free webcast.

E.D.S.

If you take the emotive language out of Wannabe’s comments, for me, he’s still right. The commentary is arguably the worst in the league and the camera work isn’t great. Perfectly entitled to comment on this.
On the flip side, the match night experience at the Giants rink, for me is second to none - when I came earlier in the year - Just seem to have nailed every aspect of it. May be that’s the ploy…. Put on a substandard web cast to drive more attendance. Genius really.

Wannabe2

you say this constantly....then you make a complaint and try and mostly succeed in getting a free webcast.
I have bought 25 webcasts this season and many in the past, and have only had 2refunds and have only asked for 2 refunds which were warranted. If I watch Giants webcast I haveto watch it without sound,as to listen to someone screaming down a mic ain’t a great experience, and he is without a doubt as others have said the worst in the league, and the camera work is very amateur, its a great shame that no one produces a product like the Steelers, theirs is truly broadcast quality and worth every penny of the expensive £15.

moggy#9

I have bought 25 webcasts this season and many in the past, and have only had 2refunds and have only asked for 2 refunds which were warranted. If I watch Giants webcast I haveto watch it without sound,as to listen to someone screaming down a mic ain’t a great experience, and he is without a doubt as others have said the worst in the league, and the camera work is very amateur, its a great shame that no one produces a product like the Steelers, theirs is truly broadcast quality and worth every penny of the expensive £15.
Though it pains me to say it, the Steelers webcast is, by far, the best in the league. Presentation, commentary, incidental comments all far beyond ours or Belfast, or even a lot of what viaplay does. Yes, there is a degree of bias to various commentaries, not to the extent of Belfast - though anytime viaplay covers Belfast it's obvious the extent to which Murphy is a giants fanboy.

Diablo3

I'm not buying the stream either, i'm going to the game. You never know the boys might surprise you. Besides which as the others have said, the SSE arena is a gem to go see a hockey match.

Earnie

What I can not forgive is not utilising Waller in the third period. It’s not the first time.
Use him or we will loose him. He is better than a few imports I could mention.

Samael

What I can not forgive is not utilising Waller in the third period. It’s not the first time.
Use him or we will loose him. He is better than a few imports I could mention.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if he sticks around, can see him being offered more money though by an Arena team who are looking to replace their aging Brit pack. Depends what his priorities are, you can't blame him though for accepting an offer of a better wage with a bigger club at his age.

Swarley

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he sticks around, can see him being offered more money though by an Arena team who are looking to replace their aging Brit pack. Depends what his priorities are, you can't blame him though for accepting an offer of a better wage with a bigger club at his age.
Only one I see sticking around if he's still coach next season is Reid.

I can't see anyone else willingly putting up with this level of incompetence for another season, the owners can blow smoke up fans assess by saying tweaks are needed all they like but but the big picture here is the head coach doesn't know what he's doing and he's wasting talented players like Waller.

kettdevil1

Just like the vast majority of webcast commentators. You need to try listening to the others, just as biased and loud when home/their team scores. If it's such a problem for you and anyone else, it's quite simple...DON'T buy it!!!I
The second part of your point I agree with, the first completely disagree with. The likes of Jono Bullard, Ed Kimberley, Gazza Huish and Stephen Swann are extremely professional and knowledgeable and wouldn't be out of place commentating to a much greater audience. Unfortunately the Giants commentary is riddled with errors and mistakes.

As you say, if it's a problem then there is the option of not buying it but it does seem a shame that an organisation that is highly professional in lots of ways, has such an amateurish operation running the stream.