Giants Vs Devils - League - 18th & 19th March 23 - Double Header Baby!

E.D.S.

I don’t like posting like this, at the end of the day there’s a human being, a dad, a husband at the end of it but the guy has delivered nothing. We are gutless, clueless and out of our depth. We are boring to watch and…. Nothing is being done about it. Fournier, respectfully, wasn’t the answer. He could barely skate but was prepared to do the dirty work. A brief, momentarily relief from the mundane. When we laud a player like that it speaks volumes. That isn’t the devils way. We lack identity. We lack cohesion, we lack fight, we lack substance. We are boring to watch…..
And the most concerning bit is…. Our owners just want to tweak it! You can’t tweak a lost identity and a culture. It’s fundamental change that’s required.

Last edited:

doron

this team is a mess, void of ideas, with players sidelined for playing their hearts out. and sh*t players get to play. a set of manakins giving out clueless orders. i hope the management realizes that this is not working. things need to change starting from management reassessing the way they recruit players coaches, and players' value to the club , you can't have a buddies club it doesn't work if you do your a mid-table team.

That was probably the most tepid game this season.. I was piss bored.. Both teams just were not at this one.

Had it not been for Devils fans singing loud and proud, the arena would have been the quietest this season. So disappointing.

Kevin roog

That was probably the most tepid game this season.. I was piss bored.. Both teams just were not at this one.

Had it not been for Devils fans singing loud and proud, the arena would have been the quietest this season. So disappointing.
That’s what we get every week, even the owners have given up, l

Wannabe2

I don’t like posting like this, at the end of the day there’s a human being, a dad, a husband at the end of it but the guy has delivered nothing. We are gutless, clueless and our of our depth. We are boring to watch and…. Nothing is being done about it. Fournier, respectfully, wasn’t the answer. He could barely skate but was prepared to do the dirty work. A brief, momentarily relief from the mundane. When we laud a player like that it speaks volumes. That isn’t the devils way. We lack identity. We lack cohesion, we lack fight, we lack substance. We are boring to watch…..
And the most concerning bit is…. Our owners just want to tweak it! You can’t tweak a lost identity and a culture. It’s fundamental change that’s required.
Says it all really, and very well said, please take this on board guys as it sums up this shit season, and it has been a shit season, a borefest that no one should have to pay for. Our part is to pay for the entertainment, your part is to deliver it. You need us, and we need you, we will keep our part of the bargain, hopefully you will too. Only time will tell, your the producers give us something that we all want to buy into and we will buy into it.

ASHIPP

That was probably the most tepid game this season.. I was piss bored.. Both teams just were not at this oneng.
At least the Giants are where they and their fans want them to be, at the top. Imagine what the Devils' fans feel like. We get this most weeks. Your guys can move on to more exciting battles next week.

Under Lord as coach, the games against the Giants were always exciting and evenly matched - two fearless, competitive teams going at it. Those were the days....

moggy#9

Another Dupont interview that sounded like it could it could have been generated by pulling phrases out of a bag. "We dug a big hole", "we just couldn't find the back of the net", "it's frustrating" etc. My favourite the "when we play that way (more direct), you can see how effective we are".

My question is this: if we can be, in his opinion, so effective, why can't the coaching team bring that out for 60 minutes in any given game?

BostonBart22

Another Dupont interview that sounded like it could it could have been generated by pulling phrases out of a bag. "We dug a big hole", "we just couldn't find the back of the net", "it's frustrating" etc. My favourite the "when we play that way (more direct), you can see how effective we are".

My question is this: if we can be, in his opinion, so effective, why can't the coaching team bring that out for 60 minutes in any given game?
perfect answer to that the dynamic duo cant pump the players up like other teams, to soft and got their favourites in the team, plus they lost the locker room months ago. imgine keefe pre game he would be spitting blood last night getting his players pumped up, ours would just spit feathers ..

Pembo

League is gone so comes down to final position and catching fire before playoffs hopefully injury free. Don’t envy the owners off season as likely need a bit of a reassessment. Dilemma of retaining strong core with Devils DNA to maintain ethos which has been a feature of the team during most successful periods vs a lot of the league has moved up a gear with recruitment since covid and have firmly embedded league proven coaching. Dupont is still quite green and I would suspect we give him another season. Biggest priority next season is to show evolution rather than stagnation even if it’s a trophy free season.

moggy#9

League is gone so comes down to final position and catching fire before playoffs hopefully injury free. Don’t envy the owners off season as likely need a bit of a reassessment. Dilemma of retaining strong core with Devils DNA to maintain ethos which has been a feature of the team during most successful periods vs a lot of the league has moved up a gear with recruitment since covid and have firmly embedded league proven coaching. Dupont is still quite green and I would suspect we give him another season. Biggest priority next season is to show evolution rather than stagnation even if it’s a trophy free season.
If improvement can't be shown over the course of this season, why would another season make the slightest difference. Our coaching team is bereft of ideas and I really doubt that the summer break is somehow going to inspire them.

kristian

What I wouldn't give to have the pre covid team back.

We have no one who can change a game with bit of magic.
Wonder what Haddard is doing from September.

Also why did we not play the 4th line in the second and then no.3rd line in third.
And no Batch after the 1st if he didn't trust him after the 2nd goal stick has forward and just stand him of Besko.
If you don't try you will.never know.

We need to stop being so loyal to our players and think it's a good way to run our club. Way to many players coasting their way through these games. Last night summed up our season. Decent in patches but ZERO fight and desire to be first to the puck. It felt like a pre season game. Our 6ft + players playing like they are 4ft leaving our smaller players to do the dirty work.

Wannabe2

where is the interview please.

Gazr76

Didn't see the game, but the scary thing for me was that I've heard a few people say that Belfast didn't even really get out of 2nd or 3rd gear. That Belfast just kept it ticking over to get the 3-1 win. Is that a fair assessment? If true then that's worrying.

terry hunt

I am sorry to say but your description of the game would fit most of Devils matches this season.

Pleximan

The most worrying thing for me is that all of this has been so very predictable, from pre season when we could see that the roster had actually changed very little from the previous year's disappointing season, despite us being told that the team will get heavier down low, bigger and able to control the puck in the opposition zone.
The Devils of this year and last are a pale shadow of the pre covid Devils and it's now not just a case if changing some players in the off season, it is a fundamental change in how the roster is recruited that is needed, a need for leaders in the locker room, a culture of holding everyone accountable and taking ownership. This team has none of this, it is why we are so predictable and why Belfast have no difficulty in beating this Devils team. Sadly, I don't see anything changing in the summer as apparently this team only needs a few 'tweaks'. Well I'll be making a few 'tweaks' of my own, handing back my many years held ST and spending my time and money on other things that are actually entertaining.