Giants Vs Devils - League - 18th & 19th March 23 - Double Header Baby!

moggy#9

Precisely. That’s poor. But Devils also have a series split with Giants across the year. That’s a bit better.

This team lacks the mojo of champions. The drive and tenacity to maintain standards for a full season. But is that a learned skill and culture developed with time and investment or manufactured by airdropping in resource. Differing philosophies. Some on here want instant change and results. Others invest in a longer term process. Again differing opinions and hard to say which is right. Real question for most is will you still support the team if they go for the one you disagree with.
I still think that you're oversimplifying matters. Whilst the mental toughness of champions does take time to develop, determination and work ethic must exist from the start. Similarly tactical smarts may need to develop, but you'd expect to see some spark early on.

If I'd noticed any off that potential in the games I've seen this season, I'd be all for allowing time for things to develop. Instead though we're in the mode of doing the same things over again and expecting a different result.

I think a better question is if the team can fairly expect fans to surrender their hard earned cash if an entertaining product isn't provided, along with a committed team.

Kevin roog

The only thing I think about keeping DuPont on is, my football team had a manager who should have been sacked after 6 months, I would have sacked him, but 3 years later he’s doing a bit better, so what do I know , piss all by the looks of it ha ha

Rempel16

I’m on the fence. Without actually witnessing how Brodie goes about business it’s impossible to say accurately. However my concern would be the special teams and their performance. They are not effective and for such an important facet of the game it’s surprising these haven’t been able to be solved. Is that player execution or crappy tactics is hard to know but to make a genuine stab at a championship you need a potential league leading PP and PK so this for me is the defining area that I think decides Brodie’s future with the Devils.
Have you witnessed him during a timeout / power break / any kind of break in play?

The body language of the players suggests they’re not listening to a word he’s saying and his own body language suggests what he’s saying isn’t exactly inspiring. It’s like he commands no respect.

Samael

Does this win save Dupont?

Less pressure on him I guess. Doesn't change the fact we're on for a disappointing 3rd or 4th place league finish in my view.
He isn't ready. As l said earlier, this win changes nothing. He needs a few years under a more experienced coach. The owners took a gamble on him and it didn't pay off. I understand the mentality that he needs to be given time to learn as a coach but is it really fair to the paying public that we have another 3 or 4 years of dross while he learns his trade?

Lordo was lightning in a bottle, l'm not saying we should be as dominant as we were under most of his tenure next year, l just don't want to feel like l'm bored stiff like l am when l watch football, which is how I've felt for most of the games I've been bothered to watch this year and if Dupont is our head coach l think it will just be more of the same wishy washy sloppy hockey with the same awful interviews laden with cliché remarks. I trust the owners to make the right decision though. They are not Neil Black, thankfully, and understand what it takes to succeed, not what it takes to screw your fanbase over and cut corners.

Mooney#16

Have you witnessed him during a timeout / power break / any kind of break in play?

The body language of the players suggests they’re not listening to a word he’s saying and his own body language suggests what he’s saying isn’t exactly inspiring. It’s like he commands no respect.
Two coaches in two years would suggest the problem might then be some of the players however and not the coaches.

Kevlar68

All I ask is for a team who will consistently compete in every single game for every single period.
This season we definitely haven't had that.
Have we got players just picking up a pay cheque? Maybe.
Have we got players at the end of eihl level career? Definitely
Are the Devils Org. as passionate as ever about our team? Without a doubt yes.
Do I want our team to go forward with Dupont at the wheel? For me no sorry, it's just not good hockey and tactics are one dimensional.

Earnie

In today’s Belfast Telegraph Goodwin sums up game two in a sensible measured manner.
Keefe and Besko were not so controlled in their response on the ice !

Finny

Just a 5000 word essay from Finny tomorrow, which I'll fall asleep reading after the first paragraph, I would imagine.

I'm really glad and shocked we won tonight, but it changes nothing.
Maybe you should be more bothered about what you write on here?
Or have you not seen the disgust and condemnation online that your disgusting post is getting?

Well done on tainting the name of Devils' fans. Although I've long doubted that you actually are one.

moggy#9

The problem is that some people judge everything on the box score of the last game. They don't seem to notice the underlying problems that affect the team which many on here have consistently been calling out for months. If those people want to come on here and debate tactical or statistical merits, that's fine. But they won't.

Wannabe2

Some people are just blind to the obvious. The Devils have a poor run for ages & win one game and everything's fine.
Don’t think for one minute that people think things are now fine, it’s been a real lousy season, and one of the biggest borefest for many a year, last night was a very good game to watch unlike the previous nights horror show. Our other team showed up last night, after their usual hibernation, and it was very entertaining against the best team in the league and credit to them for that. Having said that how shortchanged have we been this season, we have a team that once in a blue moon can be very good, but that same team can be completely lousy, it’s like expecting full time wages for a part time job, also and it’s not just us, why do players give 100% effort after getting a bollocking, or a threat to their livelihood, that pisses most people off, if you ain’t got the balls to turn up every night then do everyone a favour and sod off cause that’s a piss take, we have a shining light in Cardiff when it comes to leaving it all on the ice, his name is Joey Martin, 15 Joey Martins would rip this league up big time. It’s going to be a very interesting off season, and hopefully we get a load of full timers this time around.