Giants Vs Devils - League - 11 Nov 23 - FO 19:00

kettdevil1

I wonder if there will be changes in Belfast after this and a few other poorer performances? They haven't got a reputation for sticking with players during dodgy spells and I wouldn't be surprised if we had news next week. Great to see Sanford back to what he does best and another shout out for Crandall who is a changed player this year.

I wonder if there will be changes in Belfast after this and a few other poorer performances? They haven't got a reputation for sticking with players during dodgy spells and I wouldn't be surprised if we had news next week. Great to see Sanford back to what he does best and another shout out for Crandall who is a changed player this year.
Last night was far from a poor performance from them though! If it wasn’t for Bowns having a blinder it could have been ugly although I obviously agree with the sentiment that Keefe won’t hesitate to make changes if he feels it necessary

Wannabe2

Great win last night well played lads, that’s some place to take 2 points from, thought Crandall was immense so many hits, Bowns was so so good, he played out of his skin what a great performance, and as for Sanford this young lad is playing a blinder,he really is some player and a pure joy to watch. Great team performance by the whole team, well played lads. Happy Hockey Days.

Another gritty never say die performance, that some Northern Ireland fans referred to a Playing Shit hockey. Can’t argue with facts, the score line is what get remembered.
Very noticeable again that Belfast tryiedto negate the Devils Go Forward speed by chipping the puck in behind our defence, and following up with a hard forward press that is some 140 feet from their own net. When faced with a lot of offensive pressure in our D zone, there are a few too many turnovers of late for comfort. Once PR has identified and addressed this, Devils games will become a calmer watch for Devils fans

we outshot belfast 43-18 in cardiff and lost 4-2,i didn't see anyone saying belfast were playing shit hockey.plus we had a tough game friday and played nearly 65 mins and then had to travel to play a rested team.we done great and all that really matters is the score and two massive points.

Finny

Besko having a bad spell. Giants need him to be a stud for the whole season.
I don’t think anyone would deny that he was the key reason Belfast have done so well in recent years. But looking at the last couple of games on highlights he‘s let in some shockers.
Perhaps he’s got a niggle but having retired 18 months ago I doubt he had planned to being playing every game this early in the season.
Is Whistle due back soon or will they need to bring in some help?

Hedd Wyn John

I don’t think anyone would deny that he was the key reason Belfast have done so well in recent years. But looking at the last couple of games on highlights he‘s let in some shockers.
Perhaps he’s got a niggle but having retired 18 months ago I doubt he had planned to being playing every game this early in the season.
Is Whistle due back soon or will they need to bring in some help?
No goalie is perfect. I expect Besko will be back on top form soon enough & Belfast will remain a very difficult team to score against because of it. I know some Giants fans had a bit of meltdown at the loss last night, but as we saw last season their average start to the season turned into a dominant second half title run & I fully expect them to be right up there come the end of the season. As for the Devils it's hard go say. Top performance last night but I don't think our consistency is right where it needs to be to win the league. We need to find another gear.

Finny

No goalie is perfect. I expect Besko will be back on top form soon enough & Belfast will remain a very difficult team to score against because of it. I know some Giants fans had a bit of meltdown at the loss last night, but as we saw last season their average start to the season turned into a dominant second half title run & I fully expect them to be right up there come the end of the season. As for the Devils it's hard go say. Top performance last night but I don't think our consistency is right where it needs to be to win the league. We need to find another gear.
I agree with pretty much everything there, but I’m not sure if the comment about consistency if fair?

We‘ve won 9 out of our last 10 games.
We‘ve played 16 competitive games so far and won 12 out of them.

To compare that to our two league winning seasons :
2016-17: 11 from 16
2017-18: 10 from 16

Very early stages obviously, but there is a lot to be optimistic about IMO.

Wannabe2

I agree with pretty much everything there, but I’m not sure if the comment about consistency if fair?

We‘ve won 9 out of our last 10 games.
We‘ve played 16 competitive games so far and won 12 out of them.

To compare that to our two league winning seasons :
2016-17: 11 from 16
2017-18: 10 from 16

Very early stages obviously, but there is a lot to be optimistic about IMO.
Great call Finny and spot on.