Giants V Manchester

Thread starter #1
Final of the Challenge cup and it was 4-3 Pheonix after the first lef agter throwing away the 4-0 lead they had,

its now 2-0 Giants in the game tonight so its 5-4 Giants now on agg so that means 5 unanswered goals for Giants

Full story from the Phoenix camp - the guys were up and out by 5:30am for the flight this morning (the only one we could afford), also our fifth game in seven nights and with five guys dosed up to the eyeballs on antibiotics just so they could play but shouldn't have, and Smurf still has his chest condition. Will probably be a similar story next week.

I don't think 'gargantuan' sums up the effort we put in.

mattski93 said:
Full story from the Phoenix camp - the guys were up and out by 5:30am for the flight this morning (the only one we could afford), also our fifth game in seven nights and with five guys dosed up to the eyeballs on antibiotics just so they could play but shouldn't have, and Smurf still has his chest condition. Will probably be a similar story next week.

I don't think 'gargantuan' sums up the effort we put in.
Giants deserved the win and won it fair and square. Manchester were by no means a weak team last night and gave the Giants a really tough game so to say that yous lost because of the early flight over, too many games in a short space of time and players on antibiotics is totally wrong. Giants have also had a tough schedule of games in the last month or so and have been short benched with injuries for most of the season. :roll:

At which point did I say it was an excuse? I agree that the better team won, I'm just saying the effort our guys put in under the circumstances was outstanding.