Giants v Devils - Wed 7:30pm - Chat/Updates - CC Semi

Voth has already shown mcmorrow that he can more than stand his ground against him, what more does he need to prove?
Tbh playing mcmorrow can work either way, sure he reduces giants fire power, but he can also prevent the devils playing their game if he does his job well enough. Im hoping if he does play then voth ONLY fights him if mcmorrow takes to many liberties.

Millers fb says that he has to be at the rink by 4am tomorrow, does this mean there ferrying it or getting the 10 past 7 flight to belfast international?

Finny

I'd be amazed if McMorrow plays ahead of someone else tomorrow. I reckon his face book statuses are to try and convince some floating fans to go to the game.

Mind you they have iced McMorrow at every home game this season...

So maybe its not so much a tactical call as a "make sure this is a event and we attract as many people as possible" call

ASHIPP

The Devils demonstrated that they could settle down,compose themselves and take control after a tense/aggressive p1 against Panthers at the weekend. Devils need to show same strength of character against Giants whether McMorrow is on ice or not. :cool:
As for McMorrow's comments on the Vother fighting like a MAN...... :roll: :roll: :roll: No question who the Boss is! Hasn't Sean got the message from their last encounter?

If Millsey is saying the team are setting off from Cardiff that early, hopefully they will be flying to Belfast to allow plenty of time for a warmup/practice/rest. :?

Well i've had way too much free time on my hands today...so to get us into the spirit of the game tomorrow, heres another lighthearted McMorrow bashing!

Ger-Devils said:
wildthing74 said:
bubbles said:
If you are going to Belfast give Bill Welsh a call 0788700095 we always use his taxi and we save lots. He does the airport run both ways and will pickup all day. rhys and rachel went on his black cab tour of belfast (which they really enjoyed) and got it for £20 not £30. Just trying to help everyone save money.
Going for the league game in March so that would be handy to know.Looks like not enough numbers.Is that right bubbles?
How many of you going over for the league game in March? My mate is umming and arring about going so trying to get him to confirm as the flights are £36 return at the mo!

Sorry everyone mised a number out it is 07887800095. give him a ring.

I've changed the number in the orignal post for you (if not in all the quoted posts) J

drainage

Nargroth said:
Well i've had way too much free time on my hands today...so to get us into the spirit of the game tomorrow, heres another lighthearted McMorrow bashing!

Ah some donkey bashing - alls well with the world !!!

Thorntons wife is due to give birth so i would think that rules him out of playing and Bateman missed the Caps game with concussion so he may not be cleared to play meaning McMorrow will ice.

If Bateman is fit to play then we have 1 extra import, will Awada drop out again like at the first Edinburgh game?

McMorrow missed the Steelers game at the Odyssey a few weeks back so i don't think Thornton is scared to drop him just because we are at home, Thornton has said he will pick his team based on the type of opposition so if he thinks that by having McMorrow on the ice gives us a better chance of winning then who am i to argue.

A

Anonymous

If the Giants want to win then surely Mcmorrow would be better off inside in the warm watching Corrie? ;)

drainage

For me they should ice Mc Donkey - Brad has proved anything anyone thought he had to prove.

MrDonkeys bookface shout should be treated as most bookface updates - oh really how uninteresting !!!

Brad on ice - McDonkey banging his gums on bench = alls well in my world !!

Why doesnt this like the word F A C E !!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #34
Shamelessly bumping this!

We have coverage!

Thanks to Dave1140 we'll be bring Match Night Live! to the masses without fear of the image cutting out, the commentary being hopelessly wrong and Terry Phillips blog of comments but no game updates! Of course, this comes on the condition we'll be "disgustingly biased" ;)

As all of my amazingly brilliant posts, Match Night Live! can be found at http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl and any score predictions/game insights/questions or whatnot can be emailed to us using matchnightlive@gmail.com

Chris.

4am at the rink.

Probably means they are flying from bristol at about 6am or 7am probably.

Means they get to belafast about 10 am.

time for a sleep food then hockey night in dundonald

Koop11

Let’s not beat around the bush with this one. This is our biggest game of the year so far. A 3-0 lead is certainly welcome but we cannot underestimate the hard work still to do before thinking of booking our place in the CC Final.

I think we have to go with the mentality of the game being 0-0. I worry that if we try and sit on our blue line we’ll invite the Giants to pressure us and this will force penalties. Discipline will be essential if we are to win this series. Whilst Voth taking on McMorrow really set the tone for our impressive win against the Giants a couple of weeks ago, I think we need to have our most influential players our of the ice as much as we can.

I agree that the first period is important in setting the tone of the game. The first goal will be massive. If we get it then dare I say we should have enough in our squad to defend that, even on big ice. If Belfast get the first goal, let’s hope firstly that it takes them a while to get it and that we show the composure we have at home the last month and not let the game get to us.

If we can keep the neutral zone packed, do our best to keep the puck in their end and not take too many penalties then there is no reason why we shouldn’t win this series.