Giants v Devils - Playoff Final! - Sunday 16th April @ 1700

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

It's an old image, but it seems pretty good for the Giants squad this season :D

Playoff final! Face off @ 1700 after the 3rd place playoff game between Sheffield and Panthers... Which will be as enjoyable as always for a 'nothing' game...

Last edited:

Devils86

Anybody not in Nottingham - few of us will be in The Dock in the bay tomorrow. But if you steal my chair (green leather chesterfield wingback) I will have to seize it back (sat in it for OT!)....

Kevlar68

Down the bay now, going to The Dock for breakfast at 10am, heard there's a comfy green leather wingback chesterfield chair there that I can stay sat in all day until after the final, nice.

ASHIPP

Big games don't come much better, let's hope belfast have an average game and not on fire..Good luck devils.
For one last time this season, let's hope the Devils can stay fired up and focused for 60+mins against a team that has been virtually unstoppable for last 5 months.

Devils have beaten this team several times in the League this year and have shown they can grind out a gutsy performance. They can do it again. Giants are desperate for the treble. Let's see what happens.

kettdevil1

As ever with this team, no idea what will happen this afternoon but I would say we need to make the game similar to the Steelers semi-final. When Nottingham tried to play Hollywood hockey they were torn apart but when they focused on gritty, nasty hockey they knocked Belfast off their stride. Our game yesterday was an absolute war and we need more of the same. If it is ugly hockey then I think we will win, if it is smooth hockey then I would fancy the Giants.

lloyd_jeff

Today I’d go with an epic battle between two sides showing what they’ve got to give, going into OT and Devils win. Which will be an amazing achievement giving the season we’ve witnessed.

moggy#9

I think that this game is really hard to call. You just never know which devils team will turn up. I just have a mental image of the devils somehow getting the w and Dupont getting held up as the Messiah for back to back playoff wins.

Hedd Wyn John

I think that this game is really hard to call. You just never know which devils team will turn up. I just have a mental image of the devils somehow getting the w and Dupont getting held up as the Messiah for back to back playoff wins.
It's an uphill battle if the Giants turn up, since January they've been a cut above the rest this season. It didn't help that the Giants strolled past the Panthers & the Devils had to go to overtime.

moggy#9

It's an uphill battle if the Giants turn up, since January they've been a cut above the rest this season. It didn't help that the Giants strolled past the Panthers & the Devils had to go to overtime.
Even then you could argue that the experience of yesterday could shape the attitude of each team. I just hope that the devils come out and play defence first. We really don't want to get into an offensive battle against the giants.

voth26

There's also the chance granted a very small chance but a chance never the less that the giants become complacent, and believe their unbeatable? Has happened in finals before just a thought

moggy#9

If the giants win it because they're awesome and deserve it, then if have to accept that. If on the other hand they won because we were awful, that would be hard to stomach.

There's still, of course, the whole wage cap question which hasn't been resolved - but this afternoon should be about hockey.

kingmo19.1

Ok, here’s my prediction…..

Giants. 0. Devils. 8

We’re going to score all 8 goals on the PP, defence will be as solid as a nuclear bunker and DuPont and Horn will have drilled the guys to display a tactical masterclass that keeps the giants pinned into their zone for 95% of the game!

Keefe will lose it at full time and slam the Giants Bench door off its hinges !!!!!

Go Devils!

BostonBart22

Ok, here’s my prediction…..

Giants. 0. Devils. 8

We’re going to score all 8 goals on the PP, defence will be as solid as a nuclear bunker and DuPont and Horn will have drilled the guys to display a tactical masterclass that keeps the giants pinned into their zone for 95% of the game!

Keefe will lose it at full time and slam the Giants Bench door off its hinges !!!!!

Go Devils!
7 nil I say a goal wiped out by giants laptop.

Swarley

Sorry to say it but Belfast have this won already, I can see them shutting down the Devils within the first period with 4 very easy goals.

As much as I'd love for the Devils to win something this season Belfast have the best team in the league, even if it did take Keefe 86 different players to get there.

kingmo19.1

Finally in a fit of rage, Keefe launches the Belfast laptop into the fancy scoreboard above centre ice, as a result, it dislodges from its mountain and falls to the ice and breaks into a million pieces thankfully avoiding all concerned!

It makes the worldwide news, major sponsors flood into back EIHL teams next season and GB win Pool A !

moggy#9

Sorry to say it but Belfast have this won already, I can see them shutting down the Devils within the first period with 4 very easy goals.

As much as I'd love for the Devils to win something this season Belfast have the best team in the league, even if it did take Keefe 86 different players to get there.
Sadly I fear that you're right and that a lot of chickens are going to come home to roost for the devils.