Giants v Devils - 08/02 @ 19:00 - CC SF 2nd Leg - Chat/Updates

Great game to choose to watch on Webcast. Good picture and bearable commentary. Great team performance and special mention in my opinion to Luis, Richardson, Myers and CJ on getting his goal. Excellent effort and a GREAT RESULT

Mooney#16

Well if that doesn't just reinforce my sports psychology post. Give Belfast the position of being the ones with something to lose and Devils chasing and Devils blitz them. Devils have done so well controlling the league table the way they have leading from the front. This really puts it into perspective.

Well done Devils and congratulations. Just try to harness that feeling of freedom to play your hockey without pressure and you'll achieve great things. A huge huge huge result tonight.

Wannabe2

That was a pure joy to watch, and shows everyone just how good we can be when we want it. You guys tonight made one old Git as happy as a sand piper. Tonight I witnessed my team playing with PRIDE, PASSION, PERFECTION, and a feeling of self belief, and when they do that, the other pretenders are off the radar. Thanks guys 3,000 taffies are feeling mighty good tonight, and a fair few drinks are being supped big time.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #75
I realise the whole team played well, but from hosting MNL tonight it sounds like Louis had an absolute stormer! To get the 2 goals alone sounds good :D

Great, great performance. First two periods were absolute workers then we just soaked up pressure for the final 20. Superb team performance but special mentions to Bownsy and Louis. Oh and Bordy - always good to see Keefe getting a beating.
Lastly, some bad karma for Walser, da iawn. Hwyl fawr

august04

Well if that doesn't just reinforce my sports psychology post. Give Belfast the position of being the ones with something to lose and Devils chasing and Devils blitz them. Devils have done so well controlling the league table the way they have leading from the front. This really puts it into perspective.

Well done Devils and congratulations. Just try to harness that feeling of freedom to play your hockey without pressure and you'll achieve great things. A huge huge huge result tonight.
I think we can thank Walser for this one too. I genuinely think we were stunned by what he did last week and having a week to stew on that and the negativity and anger surrounding it, he woke up the Devil tonight with his disgraceful antics and Belfast paid the price. And Simon Kirkham/DOPS too - I think/hope we played with a sense of injustice and anger at that appalling decision that he made. Add these to Giants being favourites and the pressure off us to an extent and we get this sensational performance and stunning victory.

osh

Couldn't watch the game live, what a result ! Good to see everyone getting a decent amount of ice time and delighted to see CJ get a goal. Got too many fans in Belfast to be disrespectful to them and don't like some of the comments that some of our more excitable fans have posted on here. Poor reception for our guys at the end of the game from a minority of Giants fans ( according to a mate who was embarrassed by that reaction ) However, it was payback time for Walser especially tonight, that pleased me more than anything. Having just seen the Bordeleau hit that wasn't called as a penalty, can't understand how it can then be called check to the head, good to see Keefe get a bit of feeding also.

august04

Great, great performance. First two periods were absolute workers then we just soaked up pressure for the final 20. Superb team performance but special mentions to Bownsy and Louis. Oh and Bordy - always good to see Keefe getting a beating.
Lastly, some bad karma for Walser, da iawn. Hwyl fawr
I'd like to see the Bordy hit again. It looked a good, clean, front on hit to me at the time. Smith didn't seem to call anything until after the fight when the three blind mice had a little conflab. There may have been some contact with the head, I'm not sure, but I really don't know how you can avoid that when a big guy hits someone smaller square on. That's different to targeting the head though which for me is what that penalty should be all about. Don't underestimate the effect on the home crowd of seeing their idol Keefe, getting pummelled and ragdolled at the end of that fight either. Throw in a goal and an ejection, that's quite an impact on the game!