Getting to the BBT

Thread starter #1
I am surprised that nobody has raise the problems fans will face getting to the rink for the two pre-season games against the Giants and Blaze.

Having seen an outline of the proposed traffic restrictions, the journey to the BBT, especially on Wednesday 3rd for the visit of the Coventry Blaze, will be horrendous.

Getting into the City over the next 3 weeks will be a problem.

The Blaze had better leave Coventry early moring if they will have any hope of getting to the BBT

Ocko

Ther traffic should be going the other way, out of Cardiff, on the A4232 at that time of day. I cant imagine many issues going into Cardiff in the evenings. Leaving will be a nightmare though but by the time the game is finished it should have died down.

M4 will almost certainly be impacted as my understanding is one of the lanes each way between the Diff and Da Port will be closed off to 'normal' people so Mr Obama and his mates can get to the driving range up the Celtic Manor....

Mooney#16

Anyone confirmed if parking will be avail in Toys r us / white water car park also as was speculated it may be being made available.

Finny

I can't see it having that much impact?

It might be a bit busier going down Park Place, but then it usually is midweek anyway so I'll just use the M4.

Since they made it one lane into the city centre past the Castle I've avoided that route anyway.

Have Hope#35

With all the scaremongering of how busy the roads will be people will probably avoid the hotspots and traffic will be better than normal... Isn't it the 4th and 5th Sept anyway (most of the restrictions are already up so it'll be no worse than now, as long as the Protesters with nothing better to do don't show up) :lol:

James

Administrator
I really hope so but in my experience any change to the capacity of Cardiff roads and the whole thing grinds to a halt and the knock on effect is felt everywhere in the city. Fingers crossed there's no impact but I can see it being a nightmare.

Thread starter #13
If you think it will blow over have a look at what happened at the joint French/German NATO Conference at Strasbourg or when it was held in Seattle.

With my other hat on I expect to be very busy - on standby for 10 days

Gospel

The Chavs biggest problem will be the A449 onto the M4 as they will have to pass the Celtic Manor at the Coldra roundabout.

There are already delays passing the area and as the summit starts on the 4th i would imagine things will be even worse than they are now!

dave

Gospel said:
The Chavs biggest problem will be the A449 onto the M4 as they will have to pass the Celtic Manor at the Coldra roundabout.

There are already delays passing the area and as the summit starts on the 4th i would imagine things will be even worse than they are now!

They will be better off going across to Telford and head to the Heads of the valley road and come down that way avoiding the M4. We have an office in Birmingham and that is the advice they have been given for those dates if they are coming here.

Wannabe2

Coventry don't really have to use the M4' after Monmouth they can turn off for Abergavenny, take the heads of the valley's road to Merthyr,A470 to Coryton , M4 to Barry slip road and in.

voth26

I always travel from aberdare to coryton then m4 of at junc 33? then staright thro to penarth junc, 31st cant come quick enough