GENERAL - Continental Cup Final 2024

moggy#9

What the time between games highlighted to me was what a total pain in the backside it is too get over to the retail park to get food. I suppose it was just fortunate that it wasn't hammering down with rain.

BostonBart22

If you're going to search then it needs to be done again:
1 New set of away fans
2 Time to get to car and back - even time to drive to Tesco (a guess I was not there)
BUT if usual exit routine during period break then maybe smokers should be searched on re-entry!
Searching came to a halt for the 2nd game as todd seen the queue to get in and probably been a face off delay.

Devils86

Not sure if already mentioned,but oystercatcher and coffee co had dignes up saying Cardiff fans only. How welcoming.
Hockey is a family sport in the UK, not so in Europe and further afield. Therefore businesses will want to avoid trouble and segregation is the easiest way to ensure that. They then pick the biggest fanbase at the weekend to ensure they don't turn away the biggest crowd.

It's not about a welcome - it's being cautious, especially when you read the Reddit and other pieces about the potential for it to turn nasty. Even if that is a small possibility you don't want your establishment turned over for the sake of appearing unwelcoming to a couple hundred people who will likely never come back to the bay

Pembo

So, we ideally need Herning to win this afternoon in regulation and for us to win in regulation to give us something to play for Sunday night. I assume if Astana win another game in regulation even if we win final two games they win because of head to head record?

Devils86

So, we ideally need Herning to win this afternoon in regulation and for us to win in regulation to give us something to play for Sunday night. I assume if Astana win another game in regulation even if we win final two games they win because of head to head record?
Yes if Astana win today in regulation then we can't win the tournament. We need them to not get to 6 points (so they could win in OT and lose in regulation). In fact if Astana win in regulation today only Katowice could catch them...and if we beat Katowice then Astana win the competition

But that obviously requires us to beat both Herning and Katowice in regulation.

Pembo

Yes if Astana win today in regulation then we can't win the tournament. We need them to not get to 6 points (so they could win in OT and lose in regulation). In fact if Astana win in regulation today only Katowice could catch them...and if we beat Katowice then Astana win the competition

But that obviously requires us to beat both Herning and Katowice in regulation.
Really hope today’s results don’t have the cup won by end of the 3rd game of the tournament. Likely to hit attendance for final two dead rubber Devils games which would be a real shame for the owners and staff given huge logistical changes/organisational challenges they have overcome, and hit club finances. I think it’s awesome we accepted to challenge of playing in this thing as other teams declined as our ownership group definitely hungry for trophies which sets right kind of mentality we want at the club. Have everything crossed that results go our way tonight

NathanG

Really hope today’s results don’t have the cup won by end of the 3rd game of the tournament. Likely to hit attendance for final two dead rubber Devils games which would be a real shame for the owners and staff given huge logistical changes/organisational challenges they have overcome, and hit club finances. I think it’s awesome we accepted to challenge of playing in this thing as other teams declined as our ownership group definitely hungry for trophies which sets right kind of mentality we want at the club. Have everything crossed that results go our way tonight
It's more or less done and dusted after the first period of game 3

Pembo

Silver lining is we’re hosting. We’d have been tempted to go overseas to see this, would have been major downer for fans to be in Astana out of contention after first game. Hopefully can use the last two games to try out some new ideas or lines and get confidence up before next weekend.

tim78

Absolutely gutted but well done to the Nomads, almost walked it. Will enjoy the last 2 games but best we can do now is 2nd place.