GB Wednesday

Thread starter #1
This hasn't been promoted much, are many Devils fans going down to watch? The Club has been quiet about the game as well. Is it not worth going?

pjj365

Not sure about the game but here are my 10 reasons we should go:

1 We should support all hockey at IAW
2 Getting the game is a coup for the Devils and IAW
3 CJ on the roster
4 Mad Dog starting nettie
5 To get more meaningful games we need to show it's viable for GB to play here
6 We get to see a top class international team on our ice
7 We need to support in numbers to show Nottingham and Sheffield what we are about as hockey fans
8 We can watch hockey for fun without the attendant heart stopping moments of a club game
9 The GB team deserves our support
10 A good attendance will show Cardiff as the great sporting city it is

On a personal level I will have been away for over a week so I need my fix - I'll be there with 2 newbies

James

Administrator
I expect the club have been concentrating on both the Matchka game and tomorrow's game. I'd expect some GB love from the club on Monday

Sheincar

Please, please come down. We need to be able to show that we can host tournaments & that there's a demand to see higher ranked teams. The GB games v Poland that take place in Nottingham & Coventry are well attended & we need to be able to compete with those rinks if we want to host future competitions. Norway is ranked 11 in the IIHF rankings compared to GB at 24. It's an opportunity to support MadDog & CJ. Full squads here http://www.icehockeyuk.co.uk/2016/10/25/gb-name-squad-for-norway-games/

pjj365

Please, please come down. We need to be able to show that we can host tournaments & that there's a demand to see higher ranked teams. The GB games v Poland that take place in Nottingham & Coventry are well attended & we need to be able to compete with those rinks if we want to host future competitions. Norway is ranked 11 in the IIHF rankings compared to GB at 24. It's an opportunity to support MadDog & CJ. Full squads here http://www.icehockeyuk.co.uk/2016/10/25/gb-name-squad-for-norway-games/
+1 in spades

Sheincar

Was told today only 600 tickets sold for this. Please try & make an effort to turn out for it otherwise it could impact on us hosting a tournament in the future if it appears there's no demand here for GB games.

august04

It's an unfortunate case of bad timing I think. We've had a busy period with regular Devils home games and the Matzka events. People have no doubt spent a lot of money supporting these in the past 2 weeks and this could be just one game too far with Christmas just around the corner too. School night doesn't help either. Lots of talk when IAW was built about the benches not meeting IIHF specifications. Genuine question, can IAW hold IIHF tournaments given that? Lots of questions about that before but can't remember if we got an answer.

Sheincar

As I understand it from Chris Ellis, the benches aren't a problem but the lack of dressing rooms mean we wouldn't be able to host World Championships ( 6 teams per group) but would be able to host Olympic Qualifiers (4 teams per group) possibly by bringing in portacabins as they did in Cortina.

I know Nottingham don't do a webcast but I'm disappointed that GB haven't made other arrangements so that tonight's game has a webcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Richie has been appointed Team GB Captain for the first game - congratulations and good luck.

All the best to our other Devils' players selected for the squad, especially to CJ for his first senior call up.

d20

I now can't go to this so have 4 tickets ( 2 adults 2 child ) I paid £42 but will sell for £25 ,if anyone wants these let me know they are in block 8

kettdevil1

First game in Nottingham resulted in a 2-1 loss but a promising performance, Ritchie captained the team and picked up an assist. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Devil_Abroad

Anyone else worried at the time of the announcement for these games how it might affect our 3 day Scotland trip?

Now hearing that all the team suffered with the stomach bug before last weekend's games, add these two games to another 3 at the weekend, including the travel.

Aren't our Brits are going to be hanging come Saturday let alone Sunday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Anyone else worried at the time of the announcement for these games how it might affect our 3 day Scotland trip?

Now hearing that all the team suffered with the stomach bug before last weekend's games, add these two games to another 3 at the weekend, including the travel.

Aren't our Brits are going to be hanging come Saturday let alone Sunday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not worried because the Club would have and will rest them accordingly after playing a game midweek.
Patrick Asselin was ill last weekend, everyone else played so I would imagine that most were fit to play.
Will the guys be flying up for this weekend?

Sheincar

And I guess that's why most of our guys played last night rather than tonight; gives them another day to recover.
700 tickets sold apparently.