GB tourney in cardiff

E.D.S.

Great news for us and well done to Todd and the team.

Isn't there a Coventry game on that weekend or have I completely misread it?

MA18

Great news for us and well done to Todd and the team.

Isn't there a Coventry game on that weekend or have I completely misread it?
I’ve got Cov at home on the Saturday and away at Manchester on the Sunday in my calendar at the moment.

Legin

I wonder if league will reschedule games over that weekend as a number of teams will be affected by players missing to play for GB

fdlf666

Strange decision as changing facilities became a big issues at last years Continental Cup tournament in Cardiff and now the second ice pad area cannot be used.

kettdevil1

Should be great. I am tempting fate here but it also gives GB a great opportunity to go through to the final stages of qualification. Romania are not the strongest and you would presume that the fourth team will also be weaker given they have to go through an extra qualifying round.

The wildcard is likely to be China as they have been making dual nationals out of some of the Kunlun Red Star players from the KHL. If you look at the nationalities of their roster there are some very un-Chinese sounding players.... https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/22214/kunlun-red-star Given the pedigree of some of these players, they are likely to be a serious challenger

moggy#9

Thread starter #17
Should be great. I am tempting fate here but it also gives GB a great opportunity to go through to the final stages of qualification. Romania are not the strongest and you would presume that the fourth team will also be weaker given they have to go through an extra qualifying round.

The wildcard is likely to be China as they have been making dual nationals out of some of the Kunlun Red Star players from the KHL. If you look at the nationalities of their roster there are some very un-Chinese sounding players.... https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/22214/kunlun-red-star Given the pedigree of some of these players, they are likely to be a serious challenger
If GB qualified for the Olympics it would be massive for the sport here. The BBC would have to give the hockey some coverage, instead of wall to wall curling and skiing. Who knows, there might be some renewed interest in building ice rinks like there was in the late 80s after there was proper hockey coverage from the calgary Olympics.

MA18

Strange decision as changing facilities became a big issues at last years Continental Cup tournament in Cardiff and now the second ice pad area cannot be used.
Solutions not problems…
Plenty of outside space to add temporary storage or even changing units.
Get the schedule right should be easy enough.

Just bumping this thread up for clarification .........

We have 3 Olympic qualifiers coming up at our arena - Thur Feb 8th, Sat 10th and Sun 11th.
We (the Devils) also have our Pride game at home on Friday the 9th (vs Blaze) and are away to Storm on the 11th.

Am I missing something? Are we releasing the Brit Pack and management team over to GB during this period and playing without them?