Games tonight

Thread starter #1
Ih updates has current scores

Sheff 2 Cov 3 (3rd period)
Phoenix 5 Vipers 4 (3rd period) 9-5 aggregate

Looks like Vipers are throught to the final of the cup meaning more fixtures for them, hopefully resulting in them losing some league games and us finishing 5th.

If the Shuff score stays the same, Coventry will have an extra glimmer of hope of the title. Just to note whilst it is a slim chance, Sheffield have mainly big clubs left to play whilst Coventry have the lower teams & they have to play eachother once more. Stranger things have happened :)

TheStub

timetoplaythegame said:
Looks like Vipers are throught to the final of the cup meaning more fixtures for them, hopefully resulting in them losing some league games and us finishing 5th.
Did you mean Phoenix?

Not sure if I would prefer Shef or Cov to win te title. Probably Shef, as the Chavs would be total insufferable.

i think i would actually prefer cov, as much as they would go on about how great they are, imagine how bad simms would/will be? god i don't even want to think about it.

TheStub said:
Not sure if I would prefer Shef or Cov to win te title. Probably Shef, as the Chavs would be total insufferable.
I'd rather Coventry. Never thought I'd say that.

I've lost count of the number of Steelers fans who've posted on my youtube vids 'Steelers are top and where are the Devils so blaa bla bla' and thats before they've even won it. So I can't imagine what it'll be like if/when they do. The most recent gem is "steelers to win the league and they have already won it before and when did cardiff last win the league let me think o they havent lol." :roll:

TheStub

Oh God, I know what you mean.

Cov for the league - then at least I wont have to suffer Simmsy when I got to Shef games :D

But, they would still go on with all the "we only just didn't win the league".

Next year, it will be the year of the Devils. Devils for the grand slam :D

TheStub

Dear me - Sheffield lost in regulation.

Only for the 4th time this season - and for the 3rd time at home.

That is what they have done so well this season, they find ways to take points from every match. It is almost that Arsenal performance from a few years back. Not loose a single game all season.

Gazza272

Sheffield deserve to win it, they have been top pretty much all season and tongiht i think it was only their 4th regulation loss. thats championship form.

If anyone wins the league they deserve to gloat.

Finny

Arsenal lost quite a few games in their "Invincible" season.
The only truly Invincible team were Preston NE back in about 20 BC.

Finny

I hate Sheffield and Coventry. So I'm never happy when either of them win it.

Don't like Nottingham either. Arrogant and cocky yet they've never won it in most of our life times.

Not that fussed on Belfast either due to the pretty obvious abuse of the wagecap. And Kelman's comments that he should have kept to himself.

Without a doubt, I would much rather the Blaze win as opposed to Sheffield.

March the 15th will be great up there too if they're really faltering and we beat them again (I can only dream!)

Max

TheStub

Sheffield are looking good. They really push hard, and get those goals.

What I think Matty wont be happy with is the number of games they come from behind to win or tie. Looking at their results, they win by a lot of odd goals. It is winning, but very close to loosing.

The sign of a good team is if they treat even the wins as a bad result.

Thread starter #12
TheStub said:
timetoplaythegame said:
Did you mean Phoenix?

Yes did mean Phoenix!

I actually heard myself say last night (Im ashamed to say this) come on Blaze.
I did run straight to the bathroom however to wash my mouth out with soap.
At least if Shuff lose a few games they can't be AS smug about it, and they wont be so confident going into the play offs :p

Koop11

Until this season I would have preferred the Steelers to have won the league over Coventry. The Blaze have been our biggest rivals in recent years and until mid way through last season we have struggled to rekindle the old bitter rivalry we once had with Sheffield during the 90s as the two dominant teams.

Having said all that, I truly believe the best team should win the league. Not the most talented necessarily but the most consistent team over the year. Steelers have in fact been by their own fans admission been quite boring to watch in some games this year but there defensive style is what has got them an unbelievable record to date of only 4 regulation loses (3 until last night). That record says it all and Steelers will still win the league and rightly so. A well done to Matsos and his boys. Its always painful to see a rival win a title but sometimes you must put your hands up and say a big well done.