game worn

Thread starter #1
hi
can someone advise me please! i won the shirt off your back this season of Wes Jarvis, As I was new to this game i washed it as it stunk (bless him) have i decreased the value of it and what would it be worth ??????

I'd say that's a bit high, £120 - £130 is more accurate for a one game wonder with no COA. If the shirt was a SOHB & belonged to an ex player then you would be looking at £90 - £100, in the present climate they ain't selling for much over £140 what ever jersey is unless it's a really special one like a black 05/06 CC final jersey.

Derby Devil is spot on with valuation, at the mo even North American ex or present Devil jerseys are not getting much to or above £150.
Some people seem to think that when they obtain a shirt at one of the auctions that it is an investment, that is way off the mark. People bid on Devils shirts at auction because they want that specific players jersey not for later sell on value.
Very rarely do auction jerseys sell on for increased value in the future unless there is some benchmark event involved with the player in question.

I'm never going to buy a devils game worn jersey again, you buy them on auction or whatever for ex amount but when you want to sell it you don't get your money back. For example i bought a Garrow playoff jersey on the elite league website 05-06 season it's currently on ebay for less than half what i payed for it, haven't had a sniff yet. I'd rather by an NHL game worn jersey you got more chance of getting your money back if you decide to sell it.

True some NHL jerseys are good value as long as you don't use Meigray, you pay top dollar then get raped $60 for shipping & a further £60+ on import taxes.

There's too much alcohol and egos involved at some of the Devils auctions with resulting jerseys going for totally stupid prices. Take the Remple 05/06 CC jersey auction as an example.

Derby Devil said:
True some NHL jerseys are good value as long as you don't use Meigray, you pay top dollar then get raped $60 for shipping & a further £60+ on import taxes.

There's too much alcohol and egos involved at some of the Devils auctions with resulting jerseys going for totally stupid prices. Take the Remple 05/06 CC jersey auction as an example.
Three grand for a bit of cloth ridiculous :shock:

the placid casual said:
Derby Devil said:

Three grand for a bit of cloth ridiculous :shock:
If my memory serves me right I think it actually fetched £3500 at the auction but that's by the by as the winner never paid for it. I believe it actually went for closer to £1500 in a private sale a week or so later. Still a gross amount when you think you can get a Pronger, Stanley Cup final, St L Blues jersey for $600/£400 .

Just look at the Aubry CC Winner jersey i have. Sold for £1200... i'd be lucky to get £200 for it now. Buy a Devils jersey because you want it and intend to keep it, not to sell it on as you got no chance of getting your cash back!

The whole point of the auctions should be for a Devils fan to own a jersey of their favorite player (to keep and enjoy) not for shirt collectors to make a quick buck selling them on later - I know there is no point bidding for what I want as I am not prepared to pay silly money and bid against a shirt collector, I only tried it once and had to give up cos this guy was determined.

Hockey Mum said:
The whole point of the auctions should be for a Devils fan to own a jersey of their favorite player (to keep and enjoy) not for shirt collectors to make a quick buck selling them on later - I know there is no point bidding for what I want as I am not prepared to pay silly money and bid against a shirt collector, I only tried it once and had to give up cos this guy was determined.
And he still is ;)

Hockey Mum said:
Fair Comment, but i'm a bit skint at the mo, thats why i'm trying to sell some devils jerseys. ;)

Diafol

Hockey Mum said:
I don't think any of the jerseys in last night's auction went for really silly money, most of them seemed to be quite reasonably priced.