GAME OFF DEC 18

Earnie

Thread starter #1
JUST PHONED PLANET ICE TO ENQUIRE ABOUT THE CAR PARK CONDITION AND THEY ADVISED ME THAT 5 MINUTES AGO THEY HAD A CALL FROM DEVILS TO SAY MATCH IS OFF BECAUSE NOTTINGHAM CAN NOT GET HERE IN TIME.

Rempel16

I understand the game had to be called off rather than get the Panthers here a couple of hours late, but this is going to cost us IMO.

I think that the Voth injustice, together with bus legs for the panthers Would have had us fired up and them lacklustre.

Now the chances are we will have Brad in the lineup, they'll have a full bench and they'll be properly fired up after this debacle, they'll go for- and get - the win over us.

Bad decision IMO. I just hope I'm proven wrong.

How can it be a bad decision, they had been stuck on the motorway for an hour without moving. If they had got here god knows what time it would have been. Plus they have to get back.

I want us to win the game but peoples safety has to come first.

Rempel16 said:
I understand the game had to be called off rather than get the Panthers here a couple of hours late, but this is going to cost us IMO.

I think that the Voth injustice, together with bus legs for the panthers Would have had us fired up and them lacklustre.

Now the chances are we will have Brad in the lineup, they'll have a full bench and they'll be properly fired up after this debacle, they'll go for- and get - the win over us.

And the most negative post of the season goes to….. Rempel16

Nice to see being on the longest back to back winning streak we have had makes the fans so confident in the team.

Don’t quite see you logic there, if the game is re scheduled we should have Voth, Sam and Davies all back so we will be playing with a full team instead of playing 2 lines or disrupting the D to add a forward and then double shift someone.

Along with the fact that the tent would have been half empty for one of the most important games of the season so there would be no atmosphere and some very unhappy fans who missed it.

A

Anonymous

Rempel16 said:

No offence and nothing personal but what a silly comment. Your basically saying to hell with peoples safety the game/result is more important. I can understand frustration as we were all looking forward to the game but come on.

Disagree completely Rempel16.

My reasons being:

We will have a full bench (having Ben and Sam back) and depending on when they play they may have Penner back - not Meyers though. IMO Penner does nothing what so ever.

They are travelling anyway so will have 4 hour bus legs instead of lets say 6-7 hours?

We will be fired up regardless.

Crowd should be a sell out so better for the club, and having a full crowd chanting IMO will help the devils more.

Rempel16

cardiffdevil said:
How can it be a bad decision, they had been stuck on the motorway for an hour without moving. If they had got here god knows what time it would have been. Plus they have to get back.

I want us to win the game but peoples safety has to come first.
I agree that peoples safety comes first, although that's up to individuals surely? No one is right or wrong for going or choosing to stay away.

The Panthers have got their wish here. Setting off 3hrs earlier than normal would make the bus legs a bigger factor. I wonder whether the Panthers couldn't get here, or couldn't get here until 10pm.

Either way, what's done is done and like I said I hope I'm wrong!

Rempel16

Yes it is negative, I'm fully aware of that.

And that's not me, as I believe we are going to be league champs this year.

However, this week the league has screwed us more than they ever ever have. We had a huge chance to stick it tothem I'm the face of adversity. With having a full bench now, and the panthers being annoyed that we made them set out out this morning it's basically their team talk written and they'll be super fired up for the game when it goes ahead.

No way would I risk anyones safety as everyone is entitled to make their own choice. I just wonder how quickly the panthers decided they couldn't get here.

I might be rubbish at the predictions lol, but I win on hockey betting every single time and I hope this game is now going to be the exception to the rule!!!

A

Anonymous

The Panthers have got their wish here. Setting off 3hrs earlier than normal would make the bus legs a bigger factor. I wonder whether the Panthers couldn't get here, or couldn't get here until 10pm.
Odd comments?. If the Panthers couldn't get here until 10.00 you would still rather the game go ahead? Delaying the game 3 hours and having people traveling home early hours when the temperature is likely to be around minus 8. The best outcome is to postpone the game. Common sense. The only complaint should be that it wasn't done last night or early this morning.

Win the league? I could of sworn pre season you predicted a season of mediocrity and a mid table finish? Perhaps that was just everybody else, except for Wannabe and myself that is !!

Rempel16

TheDevilTorn said:
Odd comments?. If the Panthers couldn't get here until 10.00 you would still rather the game go ahead? Delaying the game 3 hours and having people traveling home early hours when the temperature is likely to be around minus 8. The best outcome is to postpone the game. Common sense. The only complaint should be that it wasn't done last night or early this morning.

Win the league? I could of sworn pre season you predicted a season of mediocrity and a mid table finish? Perhaps that was just everybody else, except for Wannabe and myself that is !!
You know, you're right, I didn't see us as champs. I will admire your early optimism in future!

Although i must say, mr Weller has gone a long way to making my mind up!

Wannabe2

Rempel16 said:
Yes it is negative, I'm fully aware of that.

And that's not me, as I believe we are going to be league champs this year.

However, this week the league has screwed us more than they ever ever have. We had a huge chance to stick it tothem I'm the face of adversity. With having a full bench now, and the panthers being annoyed that we made them set out out this morning it's basically their team talk written and they'll be super fired up for the game when it goes ahead.

No way would I risk anyones safety as everyone is entitled to make their own choice. I just wonder how quickly the panthers decided they couldn't get here.

I might be rubbish at the predictions lol, but I win on hockey betting every single time and I hope this game is now going to be the exception to the rule!!!
Totally totally wrong my friend, the Panthers wanted this game played, take it from me thats the truth.

A

Anonymous

Rempel16 said:
TheDevilTorn said:

You know, you're right, I didn't see us as champs. I will admire your early optimism in future!

Although i must say, mr Weller has gone a long way to making my mind up!
It was Wannabe who said we would be champs, I predicted 2nd :D Of course Weller has made a huge impact so I'll let you off. I just wanted to point out that I'm not always wrong and I do make good points as well as bad ones !