Game intro

Devils86

It needs tweaking. You'll never please all the fans as some hated the individual player intros whereas some liked it.

The ordering of it needs changing, the "Let's go" music could be played after the other video?

It lacks the right tempo.... and just feel blah.... really does need something that gets the fans rocking...we used to have that a wee while ago and you can't tell me ot got the players more fired up

James

Administrator
The bit in the middle (number of the beast intro) totally kills the momentum and makes the whole thing disjointed. They’re clearly still fine tuning it so I expect it’ll be sorted. Not keen on whatever the final track they come onto is either, sounds like circus music :)

moggy#9

For me there's just too much in the intro sequence. I really do like the "let's go" bit though. I'm so glad that the player intros are now done before they come out.

If only Todd would cut his intro down. I think it's embarrassing that people need to be told get it of their seats, and the whole "your team, the home team" bit is just dreadful.

Devils86

For me there's just too much in the intro sequence. I really do like the "let's go" bit though. I'm so glad that the player intros are now done before they come out.

If only Todd would cut his intro down. I think it's embarrassing that people need to be told get it of their seats, and the whole "your team, the home team" bit is just dreadful.
See, you hate that bit, I like it. Can't please everyone.

Given the deep voice (and not sure about the volume) I've never heard the next video in full. Is there a version online?

tim78

Personally I'd rather the kids and newbies decide whether the intro is any good, as I see it more tailored to them to enjoy the night.
Rather an intro than not one as the hockey is the main thing.

Though I do like it when ACDC Thunder is/was blaring out.

moggy#9

See, you hate that bit, I like it. Can't please everyone.

Given the deep voice (and not sure about the volume) I've never heard the next video in full. Is there a version online?
You see the original 80s and 90s intro had people explode out of their seats naturally. This is all too WWE for me.

Kevlar68

Not been able to get to a game yet grrrrr so not seen the new intro but intros have to build up to create excitement and anticipation.
A soft spoken word intro that leads in to a crash then a lull that builds to a crescendo are always good intros. If an intro smacks you in the face from the first few bars and just continues then you've got nowhere else to go but I look forward to seeing the new team and intro soon.

Last edited:

Devils86

Not been able to get to a game yet grrrrr so not seen the new intro but intros have to build up to create excitement and anticipation.
A soft spoken word intro that leads in to a crash then a lull that builds to a crescendo are always good intros. If an intro smacks you in the face from the first few bars and just continues then you've got nowhere else to go but I look forward to seeing the new team and intro soon.
The issue, I think, is that first there's a video of Devils players getting ready and some plays with a decent building "Let's Go" song...that's fine, good in fact.

But then when you are ready to go...it stops again and the momentum is lost. Be keen to hear what you think when you see it as I'm not doing a good job of describing it tbf

E.D.S.

Fair play to the team for trying to mix it up. You’re not going to please everyone. It
Could be a lot worse.
A crappy new logo and a crappy intro would tip me over the edge but this intro isn’t too bad for me.

Kevlar68

I've seen many team events over the years and before any intro or entrance in allot of them they announce the team first then play the intro so no time wasted and no rush needed.
I think I've mentioned it on here before that the best atmosphere I've seen from player announcements were at the stade de france, a pic of the player with his name underneath comes up on big screen and the announcer says the first name and the fans shout back the surname. It created an amazing wall of sound and atmosphere 5 mins before the intro had even begun.
It's all about building the energy and excitement.

I like the “let’s go” bit.
i see no point in the ‘number of the beast’ part.
And the ‘white noise’, as I’ve no clue what it is that’s playing as the players come on the ice, just make me want to sit down.