G re-signs, 2 year deal

kettdevil1

Massively happy with this news. Whenever I watch one of G's teams I know that they will give 100% and put their bodies on the line at all times. When they don't it is such a shock (a 5 goal whopping by Nottingham a few years ago stands out) it is such a shock that it feels wrong.

On a lower budget than some, my personal opinion is that he does a great job and he produces teams that are very much "Devils" teams. Not always the most skilled, not always the most disciplined but always whole hearted and always giving their best.

Let's look at the other options? Coach Corey? tremendous, "run and gun" offence but, a suspect temperament and a tendency to take games off. DC? With a big budget he has done well but, I just don't like the culture that his style breeds. Thommo? No thanks, his style would not suit us and the last two years have not been good for him? Finnerty? Not for me. Everyone else? I really can't see it.

4th place in the league has got to put him in with a shot of Coach of the Year and for me, this is the best news we have had for a while.

Paul Sullivan

osh said:
I haven't mentioned Weller = you did - as he didn't play for 2 seasons, so why would you bring that into the debate?

Also, I have am certainly not making an assumption rather than a factually based comment. I respect your opinion, but it is your opinion, not mine ( you obviously don't appreciate my opinion, thats clear to see, but I am after all entitled to it)
Firstly you have clearly missed all of the parameters I have tried to define. I am not talking about a player who has played both of the last two seasons, which you clearly are.

I was trying to get you to name two players in either of both of the last two seasons that have CONSISTENTLY played better than G. That's why I mentioned Weller, as he played in one of the last two seasons. Condescension (which I don't intend) aside, it's not a hard concept to grasp.

As for badly worded, I am not sure what 'I have am certainly not making' means...

I am not on a high horse. Far from it. You got the point I was making wrong and elaborated, simple as that.

osh

Paul, I have named 2 better, more consistent players than G, Richie ans kenton, how's that? You are still attempting to patronise me, not wise or clever, I could say you should stick to pantomime old friend, but I wouldn't dream of it! :lol:

I'm finished on the subject.

Paul Sullivan

osh said:
Paul, I have named 2 better, more consistent players than G, Richie ans kenton, how's that? You are still attempting to patronise me, not wise or clever, I could say you should stick to pantomime old friend, but I wouldn't dream of it! :lol:

I'm finished on the subject.
We're old friends? *newsflash*

Ok how do you explain Kenton being more consistent than G in 2010-11 when he missed months of the season?

jimmy snels

top of page ;) ur just to busy arguing to read it!

i was trying to put a bit of banter in there to calm it down but i clearly misjudged the anger :oops:

Paul Sullivan

jimmy snels said:
top of page ;) ur just to busy arguing to read it!

i was trying to put a bit of banter in there to calm it down but i clearly misjudged the anger :oops:
One man's anger is another man's passion...

Fair enough though. You are both wrong then :lol:

Finny

Delighted to see G confirmed for two more seasons, it gives us the stability we need as we prepare for our move to our new arena.

And I'm pleased to see him staying on the ice too. One of the most under-rated players in the whole league this season let alone our team.

I'm not allowed to make the +/- stats public, so I have to be careful on how I word this so as to not get in trouble.
But if you took the top two Devils players for this season and put them in a table, G would be top half ;)

jimmy snels

id like G to be our 11th import long term when we become stronger but at the minute id do the opposite and sacrifice an import, get a fantastically good import eg a weller and play our brits more (piggot harding and burrows). that would i believe be more beneficial long term as well.

I haven't posted or even read on here for sometime but just couldn't resist after reading this thread.

After the horrible off-season most, if not all of us, stated that we would be just happy to have a team this season, yet we have finished in fourth place and came pretty close to third despite having a lessened budget to that of others.We kept hold of Macrae, K.Smith and Matzka, brought back Ben who's had a great season. Despite this G is not the man to take us forward and is even described as a waste of an import slot. Unreal, just unreal.

And Osh, sorry, but you have hell of a lot to say for someone who doesn't go to games. As you yourself have stated that you won't watch the team while Ragan is the owner. In fact the way you post and direct your dialogue to people I must ask who on earth you think you are?

Pleased to bits about G re-signing. You'd be mad not to be.

BeatBox said:
I haven't posted or even read on here for sometime but just couldn't resist after reading this thread.

After the horrible off-season most, if not all of us, stated that we would be just happy to have a team this season, yet we have finished in fourth place and came pretty close to third despite having a lessened budget to that of others.We kept hold of Macrae, K.Smith and Matzka, brought back Ben who's had a great season. Despite this G is not the man to take us forward and is even described as a waste of an import slot. Unreal, just unreal.

And Osh, sorry, but you have hell of a lot to say for someone who doesn't go to games. As you yourself have stated that you won't watch the team while Ragan is the owner. In fact the way you post and direct your dialogue to people I must ask who on earth you think you are?

Pleased to bits about G re-signing. You'd be mad not to be.
I'd argue a mid season implosion also cost us the league title.
Just to add I would suggest Ragan buying Shuff and more notably losing Tylor to a dodgy ban lost us the league !!

Gazza272

Many factors could hinge on us losing the league last year.

The shootout loss to Dundee that ended our streak.

Losing Tylor Michel to a ban and then Mark Smith getting injured in that second period against Sheffield over that big weekend of two games.

Braehead getting wrecked on their end of season do and then just rolling over and having their bellies tickled against sheffield.

I'ed also argue that considering we got the same amount of points as the team who were awarded the trophy, it was essentially a championship team, it got enough points.

osh

BeatBox said:

Can't let that go without commenting. First of all I have a fair bit to say (not a hell of a lot as you infer) for someone who does go to games! I never said I wouldn't watch games while Ragan is the owner! What I actually said is I wouldn't be watching any home games whilst Ragan was the owner of our main rivals for the title, a subtle difference.

Perhaps you should pay a bit more attention to what is posted and by whom eh? As for who I think I am, well I'm just another Devil's fan who watches as many games as I can get to, home or away and if that bothers you, tough.

Finny

Our record in Scotland last year was poor, had we got the wins and points then that we did this season - we would have been Champions.

It's certainly a positive to take from this season, that something that needed working on has been successful and hopefully we can replicate it in future seasons.

Osh

You have posted, without doubt, after Ragan bought the Steelers you would not go to a game while he was the owner. What sort of protest would it be if you still attended away games?Not putting money into his pocket perhaps? Slightly childish and cutting your nose off to despite your face? Equally odd as you have also stated you spend most of your time out of the country.

I was questioning your tone and choice of words. We all are Devil fans but most of us attempt to keep it civil. You constantly attempt to belittle people who dare to have a different view to that of your own. That's what bothers me.