G on Steelers Hockey

Thread starter #1
G gave a cracking interview on Steelers hockey tonight on BBC Radio Sheffield. You should be able to listen again on the website.

To summarise;

1. When Seth asked what our arena is called G said he wasn't sure, but has heard it refererred to as a gross little tent. (Ryan Finnerty was the studio guest! ha ha)

2. Seth mentioned the improvements to our rink and asked how the off ice stuff was going in Cardiff and G took the opportunity to say; what a fantastic group of sponsors we have, that things are going excellently off the ice, that Matt Burge is a great HONEST (reference to he who shall not be named perhaps) guy who had invested a lot of time, hard work and money into the club, that we have alot of old fans coming back to the club etc. (He basically put the next generation over very stronlgy)

3. When asked abou the Sheff game G said that the pressure is on Sheff as they are top of the league. he also said we'll "bang some bodies" and play a very physical game because that's when cardiff plays its best hockey.

4. When asked about Latulippe (bearing in mind Finnerty was listening) G said he has been a great player for us and has a mouth on him.

5. Simmsy was not in the studio as he was 'ill', so G asked Seth if Simms was really ill or just faking it to get out of coming to Cardiff. Seth didn't deny this in his answer.

Finally, I have to say I thought Finnerty was a decent and fair bloke. Either he has had extensive media training since his outburst or he never actually said what he was reported to have said (Just like Voth suggested) and it came from Simms.

Sliput

Soundwave said:
Finally, I have to say I thought Finnerty was a decent and fair bloke. Either he has had extensive media training since his outburst or he never actually said what he was reported to have said (Just like Voth suggested) and it came from Simms.
I'd agree with the latter...