Franny and Sullivan to return

Mooney#16 said:
On the flip side I would also like to see Kris Agland stick about as he also brought a far more expansive social media presence and enhanced communications package. Despite being a mouth piece for the evil empire he seemed to put in a lot of effort and contributed a lot to increasing web exposure for the club. I think he did a good job.
Disagree with this post - Agland is in the same mould as Ragan and Pope and he can get out from our club ASAP too.

In terms of the other "off ice" personnel - let's be fair, the match night experience last season was not a patch on previous seasons - but right now, there is a great vibe about TK coming in, and based on what this guy did in Belfast, then he deserves to be given plenty of respect from us all to be able to make the right decisions to take the club forward. No doubt there will be some casualties and changes - but now is the time to look forward to a brighter future :)

Lordofbridgend said:
So it appears franny and Paul Sullivan are back on board for next season.

I think it's great having Franny back (however a bit concerned of having a part time person involved does not really show as much ambition as I hoped for)

I really question the motive for having PS back though. I understand there was an issue between PR and PS but seeing what he did to in my opinion try to kill off the club TWICE (WNIR days and this season), what will stop him doing it again when he throws his toys out the pram.

Not a personal issue from me to either as I only know them both vaguely and my PS references are mainly taken from what I see posted here and on twitter etc.

Before the usual posters rip in to me the reason I know this to be true is that I work for a previous sponsor who has been approached by the above mentioned to arrange meetings to discuss next season.

I for one to quote Glynne just want 'happy hockey days' in Cardiff and my opinion is politics from the past need to be left there.

On a happy note to finish however I think it's great having TK on board and exciting times coming our way
Interesting first post Lordofbridgend, "question the motive for having PS back"
I question what is the motive for making this as your first post on the inferno?

"Not a personal issue from me to either as I only know them both vaguely"
Yet you have formed such a strong opinion already. Perhaps you should try to get to know Paul first?

"Before the usual posters rip in to me"
So you have been here a while then, yet this rumour is what motivates you to make your first post here?

"the reason I know this to be true is that I work for a previous sponsor who has been approached by the above mentioned to arrange meetings to discuss next season."
So we are trying to move forward and rebuild & strengthen bridges what is wrong with this?

"I for one to quote Glynne just want 'happy hockey days' in Cardiff and my opinion is politics from the past need to be left there"
Then why on earth bring the politics of the past up in your first post to the inferno?

For me, if Paul should or should not be involved with the club going forward comes down to 2 things. Can the club find better for what is on offer, and can the club afford what is on offer.
In terms of the match night presentation he was during my time as a fan the best at what he did in the EIHL.

Mooney#16

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Mooney#16 said:
I have to interject. Paul Sullivan's accusations were correct of that we can agree. However I still question his timing and methods. Having read Dan Lacosta statement it is even more obvious to me that the upheaval harmed his chances of a beneficial outcome as it drove Ragan to more and more desperate measures. His actions harmed the club and it's reputation also. Whether that statement makes people un easy or angry due to their locality to Paul then I'm sorry but it's true. Paul Sullivan alienated people within the fan base with his line in the sand and it is quite obvious after a fashion it is not what the message was but who was saying it.

His friends and admirers now call for calm and let the guys do their jobs. A sentiment that was labelled happy clappy by the militia. I'm afraid for some a new era would see the main pratogonists of the whole affair no longer associated with the Devils in any form of official capacity. That being Paul Ragan and Brent pope along with the leading figures of the militia. The militia took it upon themselves to be the voice of moral fibre within the fan base but some didn't want their voice being sounded in the way it was but they were along for the ride anyway. People were dragged into a situation they neither agreed with or wanted from both sides.

The question would therefore be was Paul Sullivan's drive for change out of a moral compass swing or that he required regime change to be back on the inside of Devils again. I do not question Paul's commitment or previous contribution to the Devils. This is not personal but I think via his actions Paul has made any follow up position with the Devils untenable and even if requested to be a member of the devils organisation going forward having been such a polarising character in the whole situation as illustrated by this thread maybe it best Paul didn't actually take up that role anyway. Sacrifice for the greater good.

A percentage of fans rate their commitment to the Cardiff Devils above the rest of the fan base and demand all else fall into line. We are all fans. It's an opinion based exercise. I can agree or disagree with what ever I choose. But to have the policies of the entire fan base dictated by a vocal percentage is what also drives the division in the fan base not just previous crappy ownership.

Shout me down. Call me a miserable bugger etc etc. This thread is chock with irony and hypocrisy. It's got nothing to do with hockey or the Cardiff Devils. It's got to do with people's conduct, actions and attitudes and that is why people are still passionate about it. Demand better from people and hold them accountable for their actions.

I suppose the exact opposite could be said of 'the clappies' should they not be part of it because they ignored the actions of Ragan and Pope? No it should be one club in the future, the result of the Militia campaign has been getting rid of the people in control who have caused and created divides in the fan base.

If Paul puts on the best Match night and the ownership want that then he should get the gig. If Francine can promote the club in the way the new ownership requires then she should be retained in her position. If the ownership want Whistle they should have him

Whatever positions were held in the past there was a lot of meddling by the management and the full potential of staff may not have been realised, as we know by the statements from players they felt ttheir positions were always under threat so one can assume it was the same for all employees.

To be fair the so called militia have been proved right, the true damage to the reputation of the club was being caused by the ownership/managment and not by the people pointing it out.
Jody the best thing you ever did to securing ownership change within Cardiff was your sterling work within SORAC. The potential business opportunity and growth of the Devils within the new arena you campaigned for is what brought Kelman to the table not the militia arguement with Paul Ragan so from me it's a massive thank you for that. The militia campaign though has not resulted in the ownership change. The militia achieved nothing in reality and there is no victory. The players are still unpaid to the best of everyone's knowledge and even more exposed to not getting there money after the sale.

Mooney#16

Dwoods said:
Mooney#16 said:
On the flip side I would also like to see Kris Agland stick about as he also brought a far more expansive social media presence and enhanced communications package. Despite being a mouth piece for the evil empire he seemed to put in a lot of effort and contributed a lot to increasing web exposure for the club. I think he did a good job.
Disagree with this post - Agland is in the same mould as Ragan and Pope and he can get out from our club ASAP too.

In terms of the other "off ice" personnel - let's be fair, the match night experience last season was not a patch on previous seasons - but right now, there is a great vibe about TK coming in, and based on what this guy did in Belfast, then he deserves to be given plenty of respect from us all to be able to make the right decisions to take the club forward. No doubt there will be some casualties and changes - but now is the time to look forward to a brighter future :)
Match night experience. You know I'm old school dooey. My match night experience is a plastic Carlsburg and giving the opposition a bit ill tempered verbal bravado. Everything else is window dressing. The highlights packages and live streaming though were the best they have ever been though last year so someone was doing something right. If it wasn't Kris then maybe I should be thanking Jon as he was involved also.

P.S. save the drummer. (Fire in the hole)

The bottom line is as always on this forum no matter what happens at this club there will always be people moaning about certain individuals.
And before anyone comments, yes I was against the former regime as it was dishonest & corrupt so if I'm classed as militia so be it!
But I fully support the new ownership and fully support any decisions they make for the good of the club.
To return Sully & Hubbs to providing the match night experience in my eyes is right decision, nothing has come close to what they provided for the fans to enjoy the "Hockey experience"
People have to realise that it's not just what happens on the ice it's the whole experience that bring people back for more.
If Todd gets it right on the ice coupled with the off ice entertainment I'm sure you will see attendances soar and hopefully get the adrenaline pumping once more!

Wannabe2

buzzwagon said:
The bottom line is as always on this forum no matter what happens at this club there will always be people moaning about certain individuals.
And before anyone comments, yes I was against the former regime as it was dishonest & corrupt so if I'm classed as militia so be it!
But I fully support the new ownership and fully support any decisions they make for the good of the club.
To return Sully & Hubbs to providing the match night experience in my eyes is right decision, nothing has come close to what they provided for the fans to enjoy the "Hockey experience"
People have to realise that it's not just what happens on the ice it's the whole experience that bring people back for more.
If Todd gets it right on the ice coupled with the off ice entertainment I'm sure you will see attendances soar and hopefully get the adrenaline pumping once more!
Tough to argue with this post.
Happy Hockey Days.

Ocko

Mooney#16 said:
Dwoods said:
Mooney#16 said:

Match night experience. You know I'm old school dooey. My match night experience is a plastic Carlsburg and giving the opposition a bit ill tempered verbal bravado. Everything else is window dressing. The highlights packages and live streaming though were the best they have ever been though last year so someone was doing something right. If it wasn't Kris then maybe I should be thanking Jon as he was involved also.

I get that some of it is personal taste and certain things dont matter to some people but things like the in game replays were just unprofessional and embarassing for a team playing in a pro league. Things like seeing a mouse going across the screen, using windows media player, not having it on loop and just dragging it back across to restart - it's just shoddy.

Minor things in the grand scheme of things but coupled with a piss poor intro, zamboni still going around when the intro finished, bad timed announcements, whether it's your thing or not it just gave off such an unpolished and amateur feel when standards were usually so high.

Would like to see franny return but hoping we wont have sullivan back.Sorry, but he is just as rude and arrogant as P.R. Has got a bad attitude and swans around thinking he owns the place.Dont think T.K.will employ him anyway.Most of the fans i speak to cant stand him,so i cant see that move being a good one.Anyway,onwards and upwards.So excited for september now. :)

Wannabe2

Mooney#16 said:
Dwoods said:
Mooney#16 said:

Live streaming was the best it's ever been?????
Wasn't it the first season it's ever been.???????

Mooney#16

Precisely. New service offered.

Honestly in the field of match night entertainment I'm woefully out of my depth. I don't really pay attention or take it in if I'm honest. Hence probably maybe I'm unfair in not putting a lot of stock in Paul's contribution in that area so I apologise for that if your listening Paul. I moan if the beers warm and that's about it off ice.

Wannabe2

Mooney#16 said:

Honestly in the field of match night entertainment I'm woefully out of my depth. I don't really pay attention or take it in if I'm honest. Hence probably maybe I'm unfair in not putting a lot of stock in Paul's contribution in that area so I apologise for that if your listening Paul. I moan if the beers warm and that's about it off ice.
Nothing wrong in moaning about warm beer, that's sacrilege.

Mooney#16

Wannabe2 said:
Mooney#16 said:

Nothing wrong in moaning about warm beer, that's sacrilege.
I won a man of match once and they handed over warm beer. I got a misconduct for the subsequent out burst.

Foxy

Well congratulations lad and lasses. Six pages on something that hasnt been confirmed and the ink not dried on the contract yet.

I dont give a stuff who was right and who was wrong but im just glad that im not going to have another season like last year.

Time to bury the hatchet and get behind Todd.

Wannabe2

Gazza272 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Live streaming was the best it's ever been?????
Wasn't it the first season it's ever been.???????

Yes, as it was previously said it could not be achieved from the BBT.
Who said it couldn't be achieved in the tent, there were a number of people interested in doing it.

Foxy said:
Well congratulations lad and lasses. Six pages on something that hasnt been confirmed and the ink not dried on the contract yet.

I dont give a stuff who was right and who was wrong but im just glad that im not going to have another season like last year.

Time to bury the hatchet and get behind Todd.
Majority of threads on this forum commented on are usually rumours or speculation and six pages is just a prologue compared to some :D

Mooney#16 said:

But we've drunk many a warm beer on Titans game days ;-)

I think everyone take a different aspect from the whole match experience. Personally, I think poor off ice stuff on game night can remove a lot from the whole experience. Without even knowing it, a good intro, the right music played at the right time, the correct announcements, the extra video's etc etc - all add to the game and enjoyment. Hence why to me it was distinctively lacking as a whole experience for me last season.

Each to their own though. But IF we are to have off ice stuff, then why not go with the best available - we all have our opinions on what that is.

Mooney#16

And I was livid at the state of that beer. Bush league even by our standards.

True on getting the best available. Hence if Paul was great with the match night previously we did lack behind others in the multi media aspects I.e. The highlights and streaming. Whether I've wrongly given Kris credit for that I don't know but it would also be a shame to lose those services from the Devils. Hence it would perhaps be nice if the two tenders could be split and the two companies work along side each other. Win win.

HatchetMan said:
Ocko said:
Maybe the issue with sponsors around that time could possibly have been with that charasmatic, nice chap Simon Hodkinson...

Just a thought.
What makes this situation nothing to do with the fans, but all the previous wrongs by Ragan and Pope was everything to do with the fans apparently, those who tried to stay out of it are being portrayed by the SORAC spokesman as burying there heads in the sand but he doesnt want anything bad said about Paul Sullivan, what a turnaround hey.

Seeing as Mark doesnt want us to talk about the bad things under Ragan that Paul was happy to defend or even take part in, why dont we go back to the issues that existed when Burge was the owner or do we still blame Ragan for that one as well?
Just as nobody wanted to talk of all the things that Ragan and Pope were doing and what were the things he was prepared to defend. I believe he said he was prepared to give the guy another chance following the Rinkcorp debacle. There have been far more on here that have given him far more than that to get this club into the state it was

jimmy snels

Personally id like to see a clean slate so you lot can get on! :lol:

I think paul put out the best match night experience and iv told him that. But I also got heavily criticised on this forum on multiple occasions for not towing the company line, and remarkably later for not going along with the devils protest because I didn't have any information.

From my point of view id like to see a new face in lots of roles at the club and fans/volunteers kept at arms length from the inner workings of the club to stop this whole "I know something you don't know" shit thats gone on for years and divides the fan base. Basically I want a professionally run club. Im confidant we might finally get that!