Frank the Tank

osh said:
Junothedog; Informed opinion, well after 8 posts I think you've cornered the market in sarcasm!
Thanks, but that wasn't sarcasm. Just pointing out that Barstool Profit's need to know a bit more than what that read in the local paper. You can do better than that.

A

Anonymous

In fairness though, the only informed opinion you have given on this particular topic, is a snippet from a newspaper?
Maybe you could do better than that yourself?

Zed said:
In fairness though, the only informed opinion you have given on this particular topic, is a snippet from a newspaper?
I wasn't the one popping off with ill informed information. Before you make remarks on this board you should check hockey data base, google search his name, watch some youtube video, read articles on hockey's future or other sites that evaluate players and then have an INFORMED opinion. I've done my research and watched more than one game he's played in at college, AHL and ECHL levels, Are you really asking me to do all that for you, too? Really?

A

Anonymous

Comment still stands. Why not make a valid comment regarding Frank and his performances thus far rather than just keep spouting that you know all about him. All you have added so far is sarcasm and a snippet from the paper.

All I'm interested in is how well he plays for the Devils. How good he was for Bridgeport is not of much interest to me.

steve

Come on Juno - all people have done is quesioned his play so far (including me), people will judge on what they see not what they are told (because most years we get told all sort of stuff about north american players coming over who turm out pretty average) - after tonight i'm sure people will start to realise that he is the real deal and get behind him.

It's my own pet peeve about people who point fingers and have no idea what they are talking about. Apparently I'm in the minority on this. So, I will limit my comments on here and I'll let the real fans have at it. It is amusing to me how no one wants to look at how he did in the states. That's just plain ignorant.

Skippy

Re: Re: Frank the Tank

Junothedog said:
It's my own pet peeve about people who point fingers and have no idea what they are talking about. Apparently I'm in the minority on this. So, I will limit my comments on here and I'll let the real fans have at it. It is amusing to me how no one wants to look at how he did in the states. That's just plain ignorant.
I think people not taking past stats into consideration are being very short sighted. Prior performance is the best way to know what to expect from a player this early in the season.

Franks stats suggest that he's good and once he beds into the team we are clearly going to see this.

It's still early days in the season. Two games into the season proper is to early to be pointing fingers thats for sure.

I do hope you don't limit your comments in the future based on a few silly comments.

Based on his past stats and performances surely Frank having a slow start is something to comment on? If people didn't expect anything they wouldn't say he hasn't been great. It is early but yesterday he didn't match expectations...nobody did. I'm not judging him on that, or his good game tonight, but I can say that imo both of those things are fact.

Regarding the article, I think he might be downplaying his abilities to manage fans expectations and those of the other teams.

TheStub

He hasn't been slower or faster starting than everyone else. A new team, new team mates and new systems - it is a lot to take in.

With a stable D partner Frank will learn where he needs to be - and where he doesn't need to worry about.

Tonight he was solid, shut the Panthers down and made some good plays. That along with really getting under the Panthers skins.

It'll be a few weeks until the D is settled - but I have high hopes.

Thread starter #115
Junothedog said:
JTD, your not in the minority on this it's just you choose to speak up. If I disagree with posts on the forum i usually ignore them as i will never win, even if you are right.

Any way your part of the devils family now so don't shy away.

Richie

Junothedog said:
Let me translate for him: "I'm not a big goal scorer. My job is a stay at home defenseman and that's what I like to do. I am not caught up in points, so I hope everyone understands that my role is more of the physical part of the game, not the finesse aspect". How you get a negative attitude out of his original quote or my translation is beyond me. Your opinion is yours and as honest as it may be, it is way off the mark, in my opinion. One must do research and form an opinion, not just read one article, act like you know something and jump to conclusions. Informed opinions, please.
Well I had seen him play in the two friendly games so wasn't just taking the article at face value. However I take your point on board - and last night's performance proves you shouldn't form an opinion of a new signing too early on. Lets hope he can form part of a successful D this year - both in the bigger rinks as well as on our small pad.

ASHIPP

Earnie said:
Frank is doing fine and getting better each outing. Let the guy get on with it.
Agreed. Sometimes even the most experienced guys take time to settle in to a new team. Also a new country, a new city, a new style of coaching, a new league.
There were very early criticisms of other Devils' defencemen last season....and they formed the 2nd best defence unit in the league!
Last night, Chris looked comfortable alongside Kenton, solidly blocking players and recycling the puck. Early signs, this is going to be an effective partnership. :cool:

I thought Frank was good last night. Was getting in the mix of things and not afraid to stick up for his team mates.

Pierce on the other hand looked disinterested all night. Don't get me wrong. Scored 2 goals and his coast to coast was a solid effort. Seems decent on the puck but off the puck it's a different story. On a penalty kill last night G was screaming at him and he looked lost. I know again its early days, and I hope he can prove me wrong but I really hope he shapes up soon.

A

Anonymous

MDKWeapons said:
Pierce on the other hand looked disinterested all night. Don't get me wrong. Scored 2 goals and his coast to coast was a solid effort. Seems decent on the puck but off the puck it's a different story. On a penalty kill last night G was screaming at him and he looked lost. I know again its early days, and I hope he can prove me wrong but I really hope he shapes up soon.
Thanks atleast someone agrees with me here,
I posted on the cc cup game thread and everyone thought i was in another world :)