Frank the Tank

badabababaaaa I'm loving it. :D

Looks like he should be a great addition to our side. He certainly does hit like a train! :shock: Gritty too. I look forward to watching him patrol our blue line and look after our goal hungry forwards.

For balance, he's no young buck (38 i think) and we know how the refs in this league love a hard, clean hit. :?

#inGwetrust

As soon as i saw that hit on youtube yesterday i thought about him eventually having to hit Pelle. eeeesh.

Just think about all the guys in the league who can benefit from his percussive skills tho. Imagine him creaming any of the following into the boards and tell me your not more excited about next season than you were this time yesterday... Campbell. Nealson. Finner. Any other Steeler ;) the list goes on but my brain is slow pre breakfast.

Ocko said:
Mark666 said:
For balance, he's no young buck (38 i think) and we know how the refs in this league love a hard, clean hit. :?

#inGwetrust
38? Maybe in 13 years he will be ;)
Thats three times in 3 days I've posted something monumentally incorrect on here. :oops: :cry:
God knows who i was looking at stats for yesterday who was born in 1973! Maybe his dad! :lol:

Found the actual one now.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=76390

ASHIPP

Move aside Guy Lepine...there is a new guy in town! :cool: ;)

Welcome to Cardiff and the Devils, Chris. :D I'm loving his style on YouTube clips and he looks like he has many of the core attributes of a typical Devil. Think Chris is going to become a fan favorite very quickly. Entertainment guaranteed and looks like a great addition to the roster.

Well done to G and Franny for securing this player - great work and worth the wait. The BBT is going to be just as tough as ever for any opposition in town....whoever they now play for ;)

Songs for The Tank, please.

I don't want to be the negative one but I watched a few clips on YouTube of him last night. The hit lookedlike it was quite a few years ago when he was in college. They are both wearing full cages. Then his fights. Well he got absolutely destroyed by johnson and didn't do much better in some of the other fights. Will reserve the rest of my judgement till I meet him In sept.

Re: Re: Frank the Tank

Mark666 said:
As soon as i saw that hit on youtube yesterday i thought about him eventually having to hit Pelle. eeeesh.

Just think about all the guys in the league who can benefit from his percussive skills tho. Imagine him creaming any of the following into the boards and tell me your not more excited about next season than you were this time yesterday... Campbell. Nealson. Finner. Any other Steeler ;) the list goes on but my brain is slow pre breakfast.

Finners is the one I'm looking forward to the most!

DevilDom

andydevils said:
I don't want to be the negative one but I watched a few clips on YouTube of him last night. The hit lookedlike it was quite a few years ago when he was in college. They are both wearing full cages. Then his fights. Well he got absolutely destroyed by johnson and didn't do much better in some of the other fights. Will reserve the rest of my judgement till I meet him In sept.
I agree. As I said on the rumours thread yesterday he looks game, however most of his fights i've seen he has lost or at best drawn. However 2 call ups to the AHL indicate he can play and I trust G and Franny's judgement. Best not to get too excited yet though until we've seen him play a bit. ;)

Re: Re: Frank the Tank

Ingramator said:
Mark666 said:

Finners is the one I'm looking forward to the most!

Attachments

Cardiff Devils version of Jason Robinson.. Hard hitting tough D.Man..

Looking at the tough guys signed up so far Chris Frank matches up to any of them.

I agree with Andydevils and Devildom. Let’s not set up too much expectation especially on the ‘enforcing’. He’s only 6’ according to HockeyFutures . That’s why I hope Vother is still up for a return. Also Chris doesn’t have a great points scoring stat, but appears to be a good positional defenceman with a fearsome check. However G and Franny have their strategy and role for Frank the Tank and I’m sure we’ll be encouraging him in the best of his endeavours. Frank the Tank is a great chant. Finally, it’s a move forward, a good import signing with another to be announced tomorrow. YYYeeaaahhhyyy !

I am very excited to see this guy play. Maybe he can welcome pelle back to Cardiff in style. I don't expect miracles but if he puts 100% on the ice then I can see a tylor Michel shaped void being slightly filled. Only slightly mind.

CornwallTaffy said:
I agree with Andydevils and Devildom. Let’s not set up too much expectation especially on the ‘enforcing’. He’s only 6’ according to HockeyFutures . That’s why I hope Vother is still up for a return. Also Chris doesn’t have a great points scoring stat, but appears to be a good positional defenceman with a fearsome check. However G and Franny have their strategy and role for Frank the Tank and I’m sure we’ll be encouraging him in the best of his endeavours. Frank the Tank is a great chant. Finally, it’s a move forward, a good import signing with another to be announced tomorrow. YYYeeaaahhhyyy !
I agree to an extent but I think he is more than a match for anyone signed up so far. With regards to him only being 6' wasn't Domi only 5'10 and he took apart basically anyone he fought (I'm not in any way comparing Frank to Domi, just attempting to make a point). I'm also not expcting much on the points side from him but thats not what we've signed him for. Hoping for Stuuuuuuuu, Matzka or Prps tomorrow!!

One swallow doesn't make a summer but at least with this potential quality signing the sun is starting to peer through the clouds.
If the rest of the imports that G and Franny manage to sign up are of this calibre we might be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.
Fingers crossed for Stuuuuuu or Matzka being announced tomorrow :p

ASHIPP

CornwallTaffy said:
(My bold) And he'll have some support with that kind of physicality....Max and Phil have got some style in that department too! ;)

Get the impression that, as usual, G wants Chris to be positionally solid first and foremost, only enforcing if he has to. Let's hope for the Vother to return...and NOT just for his enforcing credentials.

Other teams and their fans acknowledge that 'grittiness' is one of the defining qualities of the Devils' style and attitude. That's why I'm guessing that Prps will also be one of the former Devils that G is talking to.