Fournier Released

Gavevs88

He wouldn't be able to play here again, he wouldn't be able to get a visa.

Move batch from D and stick him up at a forward.

I don't think the club will bring anyone else in now, it's just a gamble on if our two remaining imports will play again this season or not.
We don't need batch any more involved than he already is, he's having an awful season.

We don't need batch any more involved than he already is, he's having an awful season.
I would respectfully disagree with the suggestion that Josh Batch is having a bad season. While he may have not hit the same heights as last year he has generally been either pretty good or very good in most games. Of course he has had less impressive games, too, but so has the whole team.

Batch seems to have become the whipping boy for some people for what was previously a poor team defence but the whole-team defence has improved greatly, overall, since about Christmas.

I hope we are fortunate to sign Batch again next season.

Gavevs88

I would respectfully disagree with the suggestion that Josh Batch is having a bad season. While he may have not hit the same heights as last year he has generally been either pretty good or very good in most games. Of course he has had less impressive games, too, but so has the whole team.

Batch seems to have become the whipping boy for some people for what was previously a poor team defence but the whole-team defence has improved greatly, overall, since about Christmas.

The amount of goals we've given up this season on the back of his mistakes has been unforgivable. Watch the highlight reels back and you'll see what I mean.

No whipping boy mentality here for me at all, Josh had a fantastic season last year. But this year he's been poor in my opinion.

moggy#9

As I've said before, I question how many of the perceived problems in defence are in fact either problems with the balance of the pairings, or the defensive awareness of the forward lines they ice with. I'd be interested in the views of those who are lucky enough to see more games than I do.

Swarley

While I do agree he's having an off season as D if memory serves Lordo used him as a forward and batch actually did better so if it was my choice I'd offer him the chance to play as a forward to see if he can turn around his season.

Have Hope#35

Lord very occassionally used him as a Forward - I think he's much more suited to defence personally (as you could argue was proved last season). With just the 5D for large parts of this season I think a few of the defence have had a number of poor games but they have been moved about a lot in order to rotate in the 5th man! He was going to do well to replicate his form of last year and probably has in the odd game this season, just not consistently. He's +16 so far this season which is better than some of our defence - I think he's doing ok, what we really need is Jardine back to have 3 consistent pairings for the run-in.

The_Stick_

During the 19-20 season, Batch was used all season as a Forward, icing with Myers and Duggan on the 4th line. This proved a very effective checking line, and often caused the opposition problems. I would like to see Batch move further forward, if it means we sign another very capable Defenceman who can balance our defensive lines

kettdevil1

As I've said before, I question how many of the perceived problems in defence are in fact either problems with the balance of the pairings, or the defensive awareness of the forward lines they ice with. I'd be interested in the views of those who are lucky enough to see more games than I do.
I think that's spot on. We are seeing far too many instances of forwards disregarding their defensive duty and leaving the D men with an extra man to cope with. A lot of blame is heaped on the D but as @James hinted out, what happens on the ice is often different to what the crowd's perception. I think what is missing is team D, not the D themselves.

As far as Batch is concerned, I am in two minds, I think it was Lordo who said that Batch was suffering from switching between D and F and that meant that he couldn't focus on just one aspect so whilst I can see the logic in moving him forward, I am not sure that is the best move.... I guess it will depend on Coughler, Jardine and also who is available and affordable as to who we get.

Some fans do like a scapegoat and I wonder if Batch is the next player in line? My view is the same as @winstanley, he was outstanding last season and has slipped a little this season but is still solid. Certainly not worthy of some of the criticism..... Brittain - Bowns - Crawford..... maybe Batch is next as the chosen one?

BostonBart22

And its improved a lot apart from last weekend when jardine been out injured...just saying

Diablo3

I like it when Batch has the chance to go forward. Definitely tilts the offence in our favour when he does. I know some on here are talking about signings but tbh I can't see it. Mid Feb, 2 months of the season left, I think we will just play out the season with what we have and if we a lucky enough to get either Jards or Cougs back it will be a bonus.

Wannabe2

Possible 20 odd games to go, with 2 trophies up for grabs. 2 games a week for 10 weeks, plus myself I cant see either of the 2 injured lads returning. Hopefully I am wrong on that assumption, but can’t see it myself.

TL91

Possible 20 odd games to go, with 2 trophies up for grabs. 2 games a week for 10 weeks, plus myself I cant see either of the 2 injured lads returning. Hopefully I am wrong on that assumption, but can’t see it myself.
Steve King said in his message the other day he’s hopeful of some returns from the injury list soon, so hopefully that’s a sign of some good news.

Wannabe2

Like I said TL91 I hope with every breath that I am far off the mark, but I still think these guys won’t be back and it’s only a gut feeling but one I will be sticking by. For me we need a new face, but one that can make a difference and give the lads that extra impetus that we need so much. We have a ton of talent , but unfortunately we also carry a ton of crap that’s a heavy weight.

Lord very occassionally used him as a Forward - I think he's much more suited to defence personally (as you could argue was proved last season). With just the 5D for large parts of this season I think a few of the defence have had a number of poor games but they have been moved about a lot in order to rotate in the 5th man! He was going to do well to replicate his form of last year and probably has in the odd game this season, just not consistently. He's +16 so far this season which is better than some of our defence - I think he's doing ok, what we really need is Jardine back to have 3 consistent pairings for the run-in.
100% this. Being a D-man in a 5-man rotation is rough - especially when they've had to do it for this long.

Only one pairing has been a real consistent 'line': Crawford and Thompson. Once Jardine is back, it'll be far easier for Batch, Louis and Richie to build chemistry with their respective D partners.