Flyers Vs Devils - League - 27th Nov 22 - 18:00 FO

Hedd Wyn John

No, that's exactly my point. We did well against the big teams. It was our losses against the smaller teams which let us down and cost us too many points. So tonight's win is as important as any other.
Fife have the 2nd worst home record in the league at the moment with just 6 points in 10 games at home. Even if we aren't beating the top teams, a team of the Devils calibre SHOULD be beating teams like Fife.

Devil94

Fife have the 2nd worst home record in the league at the moment with just 6 points in 10 games at home. Even if we aren't beating the top teams, a team of the Devils calibre SHOULD be beating teams like Fife.
Sure. But if you lose too many times to the like of Dundee and Fife, then the league will be gone anyway, irrespective of if we beat the bigger boys, as shown last year. So wins against Fife are vital if you want to be challenging for the league.

Kevin roog

I think the wins against Belfast ,Sheffield are statement wins,and who doesn’t like them,but i agree with the poster about the other wins as well ,how many times did we lose in Scotland last year, I don’t think anyone told juice dundee or Belfast are still only 2 points each

Hedd Wyn John

Sure. But if you lose too many times to the like of Dundee and Fife, then the league will be gone anyway, irrespective of if we beat the bigger boys, as shown last year. So wins against Fife are vital if you want to be challenging for the league.
Valid points but on current form we aren't challenging for the league this year. Out of our last 10 games we've won 12 points which makes us the 5th best team over those 10 games.

Samael

League is gone. A shutout in Fife means nothing and an OT loss at home against Coventry is not good enough.

As much as l hate to say it Belfast and Sheffield are better teams this year. Superior rosters, superior coaching, superior budgets. The best we can hope for is to win the Continental cup and l even have reservations about that.

I haven't been to a home game in ages because this team bores me. l can't even be bothered to check the scores anymore and only this evening looked at the results from this weekend. I'd rather watch the New Jersey Devils than Cardiff right now. The product is over priced and poor value, that goes for everything, the tickets, the merch the beer and the food. Massive fall in standards in a couple of short years. I'm sure all the die hards who post here day in day out will say we have no right to win all the time, and l will agree to a certain extent. This organisation has lost its ambition though as far as I'm concerned. We have a team of coasters, an inexperienced and unimaginitive coach who is probably dirt cheap and a GM who wants to fill the arena with corporate guests or Saturday Cardiff Bay casuals who care more about snorting coke and necking over priced pints of piss than watching a decent match of hockey.

I've got better things to spend my time and money on than the Cardiff Devils, which is a massive shame.

Hedd Wyn John

I'm a season ticket holder and I still enjoy my evenings at the rink even if the performances aren't at the level of previous years. I've even booked on the fan bus to Sheffield this Saturday which I may end up regretting if we get thumped.

Last year a third place finish in the league was considered disappointing but considering how well Guildford, Belfast & Sheffield are all playing there's a distinct possibility that Cardiff could end up in 4th place this year. That said given how solid Coventry are looking as well we could well have a fight on our hands just to get 4th place.

Last edited:

august04 2.0

League is gone. A shutout in Fife means nothing and an OT loss at home against Coventry is not good enough.

As much as l hate to say it Belfast and Sheffield are better teams this year. Superior rosters, superior coaching, superior budgets. The best we can hope for is to win the Continental cup and l even have reservations about that.

I haven't been to a home game in ages because this team bores me. l can't even be bothered to check the scores anymore and only this evening looked at the results from this weekend. I'd rather watch the New Jersey Devils than Cardiff right now. The product is over priced and poor value, that goes for everything, the tickets, the merch the beer and the food. Massive fall in standards in a couple of short years. I'm sure all the die hards who post here day in day out will say we have no right to win all the time, and l will agree to a certain extent. This organisation has lost its ambition though as far as I'm concerned. We have a team of coasters, an inexperienced and unimaginitive coach who is probably dirt cheap and a GM who wants to fill the arena with corporate guests or Saturday Cardiff Bay casuals who care more about snorting coke and necking over priced pints of piss than watching a decent match of hockey.

I've got better things to spend my time and money on than the Cardiff Devils, which is a massive shame.
I have to agree on the league title, it is beyond us, as we are just too inconsistent. One night, great - the next night we can’t string two passes together. It must be a mental issue as we know what these players can do when they’re on it. I can see us challenging for the play offs, even the CC if we can get past Sheffield but I just cannot see this team going on a lengthy unbeaten run, where we grind out the tough wins when we have to. That was beyond us last year, and is beyond us this year too with so many returning players. There’s a lesson right there for our recruiters for next season, whoever they may be.