Flyers v Devils - Sun 29 Jan 2017 - FO 6:30 - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Devils travel to Kirkcady seeking revenge for the 4-0 defeat suffered on the Scottish Triple Header last November.

Russky will hopefully be hosting another edition of our 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game if we manage to find texters; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed especially for these games a million miles from our glorious City so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

ASHIPP

An absolute banana skin of a game - long away trip to a hot team battling to maintain 4th place in the league. Fife beat Nottingham last weekend - some of Panthers' players hailing Flyers' goalie Shane Owen as outstanding.

Therein lies the challenge - possibly the best goalie in the league and an excellent, speedy first line of Dingle- Sisca-Fox. :eek:

Hope Devils have prepared as much for this game as they have for Panthers on Saturday. This is going to be one very tough challenge.

voth26

It's a toughie but we have won there, all comes down to how much the guys want that league title on their CV's. Oh and the ref lol

Electro

Let's hope we have the same team today and the rest of the season. Panthers didn't turn up, which for me summed up this season.

To remain ahead of the rest we cannot rely on the inconsistency of others, whilst being as inconsistent, we need last nights team every game, not only to win the league, but to give credibility to the team, that they won the league on merit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

No doubt today's game is going to be tough. It always is up in Fife, more so today because Flyers lost last night and will want to win in front of their home crowd and to maintain their 4th place in the league.

Focus and consistency are vital for the Devils to keep their momentum going. If last night's team keep playing like they did last night - full of confidence, excellent defensively, simple plays and focused all game- our Guys will be v difficult to play against.

Foxy

Well played Devils. Certainly not the easiest of rinks to pick up points. Anyone know why fife fan was ejected?

august04

Well played Devils. Certainly not the easiest of rinks to pick up points. Anyone know why fife fan was ejected?
A tough last 10 minutes but we held on for a great 2 points to complete a much needed 4 point weekend.
Probably bad language, it was audible on the webcast many times.

Russky

What a tense last ten minutes. I need to go and have a lie down in a darkened room now. I know this sacrilidge but was hoping for a Steelers win over Belfast tonight. Just goes to show you cant rely on the Steelers for anything.

jenks33

Great win. We made that much tougher than it should have been though. The ref made some dodgy calls but I don't think our discipline was particularly smart tonight. Myers, ulmer, s.hotham, Fournier were all guilty of giving away silly penalties. I was impressed with us in the first period but it was a grind in the 2nd and 3rd as we were usually short handed. We can certainly thank bowns for a regulation win in the end

As a previous poster said I assume the fife fan got thrown out for bad language and general aggressiveness towards the ref. They probably could have thrown another 20 out. They've got to do something up in fife. I love a passionate atmosphere but the language and aggression towards the ref and our players tonight was disgraceful. And obviously there's been 2 or 3 big incidents off the ice in that barn this season

kettdevil1

Great win. We made that much tougher than it should have been though. The ref made some dodgy calls but I don't think our discipline was particularly smart tonight. Myers, ulmer, s.hotham, Fournier were all guilty of giving away silly penalties. I was impressed with us in the first period but it was a grind in the 2nd and 3rd as we were usually short handed. We can certainly thank bowns for a regulation win in the end

As a previous poster said I assume the fife fan got thrown out for bad language and general aggressiveness towards the ref. They probably could have thrown another 20 out. They've got to do something up in fife. I love a passionate atmosphere but the language and aggression towards the ref and our players tonight was disgraceful. And obviously there's been 2 or 3 big incidents off the ice in that barn this season
Hmmm know what you mean, it is intimidating but actually as an away fan I always enjoy it. Not sure where the other 20 you mention were, it seemed quieter than normal but was it by the dressing room perhaps as couldn't see that?

Very good win indeed, Flyers are a very good team on home ice and I rate Owen as the best NM I have seen this year.

ASHIPP

Well done Devils - a very important 2 points in one of the most vicious places in the league.

Fife are a very good team, especially at home. Squeaky bum time for the last few minutes - strength of character and good defending to hang on.

fifer

It was just a couple of young idiots at their first game. Too much too drink and decided to stand blocking everyone's view. Words were had, they got a bit excitable and security removed then sharpish out the fire exit. Sadly last week's trouble being on the papers may have made them think their behaviour was acceptable.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

James

Administrator
Thanks for the clarification fifer. Its a problem for all teams, I know with the increased crowds this year we've had similar issues in Cardiff recently.

matbur

What a great weekend that was for the Devils.

One thing about this forum, it's crazy how little interest positive results generate compared to games where they've collectively had a stinker!

Two very different games needing very different approaches and we came through both with the points - if that's not showing our title credentials then I don't know what is. Remember this weekend when you want to start point fingers at Lord and the players the next time there's a sub-par performance.

Well played Devils!!!!

E.D.S.

What a great weekend that was for the Devils.

One thing about this forum, it's crazy how little interest positive results generate compared to games where they've collectively had a stinker!

Two very different games needing very different approaches and we came through both with the points - if that's not showing our title credentials then I don't know what is. Remember this weekend when you want to start point fingers at Lord and the players the next time there's a sub-par performance.

Well played Devils!!!!
It could be that less people got to see the game as it was away so don't feel able to comment with any credibility. Just a suggestion. I wouldn't feel comfortable talking about the lines or specific players without that first hand view but I take your point.
Great weekend for the Devils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk