Flyers v Devils - 08/10 - 7:15pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

We only have 1 texter for this game, so if there are any Devils fans heading up who'd be prepared to help us out, please send me a pm or a text if you have my number already!

I'll be hosting this game and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

This is the first game against the Flyers since 12th February 2005, which was a game we won 6-4 in the final EIHL/BNL crossover game between the two teams. A fair amount has changed since then though :p
This season I think Fife may well suffer from the decision to only bring in seven imports as they will struggle if any of their imports are out with Injury. They also look to lack great depth in scoring and an out and out sniper. While Siddall will stand up for his team mates he isn’t an out and out enforcer, he needs to be on the ice and not in the box, Fife may well suffer only having one person in this role. They do of course still have the option to bolster the squad as needed if the right players become available.
Skippy has put up a massive game preview which also contains a team overview for those of us who still don't quite know who is playing for the team. As always, if you can't be bothered to click through the front page, then follow the following link... http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/match ... h-october/

I imagine The Pilot will be offering food and drink offers for this game if you'd rather watch it in the pub on a big screen rather than on the computer :) If you've still not been there, or are unsure where it is, directions can be found on this link... http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/where-to-eatdrink/

Chris.

Hey Chris, Me and Clare are going and I have just been given your number from Geraint so we will try and send some texts over to you but they might not make sense cos we might be drunk! lol But we will do our best x

In case you know any of any other Devils fans travelling by road today please let them know that there are MAJOR roadworks on the Forth Road Bridge this weekend with severe delays already being reported on local radio. After last week's late arrival, does anyone know what time the team have left today?

D

Deleted member 1337

19:50 - Devils 1st goal timed at 16:14, Hill from Macrae and Frank :D

Thanks to MNL

anyone know who robert hill? i just read through the game review on the devils website and they have listed the first scorer as robert hill... i'm guessing it is meant to be phil hill?

Ger-Devils

PenguinsDevils said:
anyone know who robert hill? i just read through the game review on the devils website and they have listed the first scorer as robert hill... i'm guessing it is meant to be phil hill?
Echo write up perhaps?

Good to see a team which, despite having some big guys in their lineup, where here to play hockey and not "goon" it up. Chris Frank has a peach of a shiner, how did he get that?

We worked hard for the entire game but lacked any invention up front and seemed reluctant to shoot. However in the third period, we seemed to either step it up or a combination of the long journey and larger ice surface meant your guys were tired, as we had the better play I felt in the third and really should have tied the game. And then a stupid penalty from us at the end effectively killed the game.

As for the ref, well, I got the impression he was trying to let the game flow as there wasn't really any nasty hits during the game. Although Horne did go down injured with some claiming it was Frank who hit him with a knee. I didn't see it, too busy texting you guys :D

If you guys have any questions you want answered about last nights game, fire them over.

All in all, a good end to end game. A couple of more imports and we should start giving the "big boys" a fright :mrgreen:

sparkymark75 said:
Chris Frank has a peach of a shiner, how did he get that?
Puck in the face at the clan last week!

See here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4916 !!

sparkymark75 said:
All in all, a good end to end game. A couple of more imports and we should start giving the "big boys" a fright :mrgreen:
Sounded like a close game. Will just take a bit of adjusting for your team and I'm sure you will surprise a few as time goes on!

Wannabe2

PenguinsDevils said:
I believe Robert Hill is a brother of Phils who used to play hockey, and was a pretty good player in his day.