Flex Tickets

Thread starter #1
I may be way behind with this, but has anyone else noticed the new deal with flex tickets? Last season it was buy 6 for the price of 5. Now it's buy 10 for the price of 9. I can see why they've done it because as I pointed out last season, buying the flex tickets with this deal plus the odd 'group on' game actually worked out close to season ticket average per game without the commitment of making sure you can attend every game.

Bit gutted it's not such a good deal and might put some people off as 10 games is quite a big commitment compared to the previous deal of buying a batch of 6. Saying this, I'll probably still go for it.

voth26

sorry if this is a stupid question but here goes having never bought flex tickets how does it work, you buy 10 but pay for 9 do you then have to commit to certain games when you buy the tickets or do you contact the rink as when you want to go to a certain game?

Have Hope#35

voth26 said:
sorry if this is a stupid question but here goes having never bought flex tickets how does it work, you buy 10 but pay for 9 do you then have to commit to certain games when you buy the tickets or do you contact the rink as when you want to go to a certain game?
You just turn up to the rink and redeem your vouchers for whatever league game you want... You can use more than 1 per game as well (if you want to take someone). 10 vouchers for the cost of 9 (1 free game)!

voth26

Have Hope#35 said:
voth26 said:
You just turn up to the rink and redeem your vouchers for whatever league game you want... You can use more than 1 per game as well (if you want to take someone). 10 vouchers for the cost of 9 (1 free game)!
ok cheers for that,

Thread starter #6
Should just add that there is actually a time limit on them - I think you have to exchange for match day tickets at least a couple of hours before the start of the game. They may have changed this for the upcoming season.

I've found them great in the past. I brought 5 people to the game for my 30th so I got 6 for the price of 5 and had one spare to take a mate another time. I paid cash at the CDSL desk so got then for face value (no booking or card fees- awesome). I called ahead to get 5 seats together (it was Hull at Christmas so I needn't have bothered) and just exchanged the flex tickets on the night for the tickets that were there waiting for me. My mates got in cheap, we got the seats we wanted and they got to see us, er, win in overtime.

I used to use them back before I went and got a season ticket actually. Maybe I should've gone back because they slyly dropped the money back guarantee, and as I live in Swansea that pretty much sees me lose the mid-week games straight off.

Hadn't realised they had dropped the money back guarantee this year, but you're right - there's no mention of it on the ST form and no application form...
Mind you it's always taken us months of pestering to get our money back in the past, that it was almost not worth it. Almost...

Yes it did quietly drop off the form this year. I did notice before sending my cheque but I later thought that I might've made a booboo.

Still, the whole season is paid for. No ringing for tickets or being short one week. All I have to do is turn up.