Flames Vs Devils - League - 26th Oct 22 - 19:30 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
OK I've given up making fun of the fact we play Flames every week as its now self evident we do in fact. After a tough 3 games in 3 nights including a trip to Scotland it doesn't let up as Devils head to table topping Guildford for midweek league action. Both teams will know what to expect of each other by now.

Gavevs88

We've won there on the last two visits, will be a tough midweek game after the weekend they've had. Hopefully they've rested up well, will be a massive 2 points if we come away with them.

Wannabe2

Big game for us tonight against the league leaders, Flames have less loses in the league than any other team, and when on song are first class. We need to be at our best tonight to take a win.

moggy#9

BOC has been a more valuable player to Flames than he was with Devils. That’s the way it goes I guess.
Given that he'd also had issues with the Steelers and in Europe, I wonder to what extent her realised that he was in the last chance Salon. It probably doesn't just that Dixon is a mate of house dad's from their time at Durham.

BostonBart22

If we are still 2 d men down and not rested fully it'll be a tough night for us
Thought it was only Jardine on D injured, the other being Brittain, if Jardine is a doubt could we not call up 2 way player Kelly from Bristol as cover on D, ideal as its midweek as well.

moggy#9

Thought it was only Jardine on D injured, the other being Brittain, if Jardine is a doubt could we not call up 2 way player Kelly from Bristol as cover on D, ideal as its midweek as well.
To me both harwood and kelly should be on the bus. Harwood is a decent big body who can, if nothing else, be parked in front of the net. I don't either will be used though.

lloyd_jeff

I agree, you can’t build for the future by disregarding the present. Players have had a very tough weekend and going into this with 2 down seems desperate. why agree a two way if you are not going to utilise them, roll the dice, if its not working change up the lines, not having that option seems very odd. Is this coach running the team or Todd.

moggy#9

I agree, you can’t build for the future by disregarding the present. Players have had a very tough weekend and going into this with 2 down seems desperate. why agree a two way if you are not going to utilise them, roll the dice, if its not working change up the lines, not having that option seems very odd. Is this coach running the team or Todd.
I think that tonight will be another test of Dupont. He needs to go into Guildford with a specific game plan tailored to the players he has available. Frustrate them, draw penalties and don't over commit. To be honest though, I'm not optimistic.

Wannabe2

Just forked out £15 to watch you Devils, would be nice to get my moneys worth please guys. Tough call but play as we can and we could take this, putting a bit more pressure on the others.

Diablo3

Like the rest of you, I can't understand why we are not using one of our 2 ways in this game. Britain does seem to be out for a long spell so IR list should be an option too.

Kevlar68

This would be a huge win for us, Flames are on a winning streak and we need it to keep the heat on flames (no pun intended) and steelers.
Wonder which nettie will get the start?

E.D.S.

Short benched teams have always been a nightmare for us when playing against them, let’s hope we are the same for the
Flames. What a schedule! I’ll take absolutely anything from this game in anyway we can get it.